Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Schreiba's ADA 60-F

teamschreiba

Can you explain how u caught the crab? I have two that are burrowing in the rocks. They need to go!

Mine was in my new acro mini colony so it was a little easier than if he had been in the rock. But I basically got him to go to the bottom of the colony with the tweezers and the dropper and then when we was exposed I snagged him with the tweezers :P I found that using two different things to poke him was the only way to make him go in the direction I wanted. If yours is in the rock you might want to look into a soda bottle trap though. I hope that helps!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well my orange monti is pretty much a goner...

It had stopped STN'ing but then it picked up again and now it's pretty much gone. I raised my lights up an extra inch because that is all that's left in the fixture I built. I think part of the problem was a little too much light but I also wonder if it could have been because my water is "too clean" with all the different filtration methods I have. I've been dosing pohl's xtra and the pohl's coral vitalizer pretty regularly now just too see if it will help/provide better growth. All of my other corals seems to be doing well except my green monti which I placed in the shade. My new acro colony appears to be doing well too. Two of the tips bleached but it appears to have stopped and the polyps are still there so it didn't RTN or STN. If I clean the MAME this weekend I'll try and get some new shots up :happy:

Oh and I also found this which I find hilarious :lol:

That link is awesome! Precisely why I stopped naming my fish. :P

Haha yeah that and the vacation one really cracked me up too! It seems like everytime I go away for more than 2 days something happens.

The one about neglecting the tank is so true. Unfortunately the fam will hold me to naming the fish.

Haha yeah sometimes it seems like the less I mess with the tank the better stuff grows.

• 3 weeks later...

Never name your fish. If your adorable child gives any of your fish a cute name, tell that child he/she has just sentenced that fish to a horrible death. It will emotionally scar them, but those scars will protect the fate of future fish acquisitions.

hahahahaha

Awesome!!!! seen all the 43 pages of this topic and HUAU!!!! lovely colors!

But I've a question... I have a 65Liters with a deltec MCE300 with 2 koralia nano 900L/h is worth the deal to put my eheim 2213 in this system ? If yes, what tu put inthe basket?

Greetings from Portugal ;)

Well my orange monti is pretty much a goner...

It had stopped STN'ing but then it picked up again and now it's pretty much gone. I raised my lights up an extra inch because that is all that's left in the fixture I built. I think part of the problem was a little too much light but I also wonder if it could have been because my water is "too clean" with all the different filtration methods I have. I've been dosing pohl's xtra and the pohl's coral vitalizer pretty regularly now just too see if it will help/provide better growth. All of my other corals seems to be doing well except my green monti which I placed in the shade. My new acro colony appears to be doing well too. Two of the tips bleached but it appears to have stopped and the polyps are still there so it didn't RTN or STN. If I clean the MAME this weekend I'll try and get some new shots up :happy:

Oh and I also found this which I find hilarious :lol:

I tried out ULNS in my biocube, and it really didn't work out. I can't speak for all nano's, but I've since gone the opposite direction, skimerless, and simpler seems better for my system.

Never name your fish. If your adorable child gives any of your fish a cute name, tell that child he/she has just sentenced that fish to a horrible death. It will emotionally scar them, but those scars will protect the fate of future fish acquisitions.

hahahahaha

Yeah it's all just so true :P

Awesome!!!! seen all the 43 pages of this topic and HUAU!!!! lovely colors!

But I've a question... I have a 65Liters with a deltec MCE300 with 2 koralia nano 900L/h is worth the deal to put my eheim 2213 in this system ? If yes, what tu put inthe basket?

Greetings from Portugal ;)

Thanks!! I would only use the canister if you feel the need to have more filtration. I would also use a combination of filter floss, carbon, and purigen. Try to avoid the live rock rubble and the stock filters that come with the kits.

I tried out ULNS in my biocube, and it really didn't work out. I can't speak for all nano's, but I've since gone the opposite direction, skimerless, and simpler seems better for my system.

Yeah I feel it really depends on what species you're trying to keep. I think my problem was that I overdosed on carbon as well. Clearly the monti's did not appreciate that because they did not make it :( However everything else including all other SPS, acans, and zoas seem to be doing extremely well.

My ideia is, with eheim 2213 (carbon, and bio pellets and some sponges...) nothing more... do you think that is good ideia? I have a Deltec MCE300...

My ideia is, with eheim 2213 (carbon, and bio pellets and some sponges...) nothing more... do you think that is good ideia? I have a Deltec MCE300...

I think running the skimmer is better than running a canister filter. But both at the same time would be the best! If your water is already clear and you're not having any problems, I wouldn't bother with the eheim. But if you're looking for better water clarity the eheim is a good option just make sure you clean it out every week.

The ideia is to running booth :) Sometime when I clean the glass the reef gets a little "messy" so the 2213 will filtrate that.

That's what i want :)

teamschreiba
The ideia is to running booth :) Sometime when I clean the glass the reef gets a little "messy" so the 2213 will filtrate that.

That's what i want :)

Yeah that will definitely help with the water clarity. Good luck!

In other news, I've been to my LFS a little more than normal recently since they've had some great SPS mini colonies the last few times for good prices. The piece I got a few weeks ago has really lightened up with great blue tips and showing lots of PE. I also picked up two more today and I have a feeling they will color up nicely as well. I also got a porcelain crab and I'm really hoping he takes to my maxi-mini fingerscrossed

teamschreiba
photos please

I'll try and get some up tomorrow! It's been awhile since I've taken pictures so I'll try and take a lot ;)

MySafeWordIsWhiskey

Your tank is looking great. I hope that MAME is working out for you. It looks like it is. How does aperture compare with photoshop? I still can't capture my tank fully. So much looks blown out, but then I am using a Canon G9 point and shoot.

teamschreiba
Your tank is looking great. I hope that MAME is working out for you. It looks like it is. How does aperture compare with photoshop? I still can't capture my tank fully. So much looks blown out, but then I am using a Canon G9 point and shoot.

Thanks! It's been working really well so far. Kind of a pain to clean but I'm getting pretty good at it.

I can't really say how they compare just because I was never using the full version of photoshop before. But I really like aperture so far, a lot of the things I adjust are all pretty close to each other and I like how my pictures have been coming out. It's really tough to take pictures of LED lit tanks though. Try and adjust many different settings on your camera and in post processing, and it also helps to not show the LED bulb in the picture itself.

Beautiful tank. I've gather some inspiration for my next build :naughtydance:

Thanks Moose! Glad I could help to inspire you :happy:

How many gallons is this?

It's 8.6 gallons with a ~10 gallon sump.

teamschreiba

I couldn't wait for the lights to come on to take some shots :P

6806646422_5ab6063f75_z.jpg

The stylo really does look this pink in just natural sunlight too, it's becoming one of my favorites.

teamschreiba

Here's some new ones :happy:

6807700882_6c9bb6002b_z.jpg

6953812837_106116a072_z.jpg

The first one I've had for a few weeks and the tips have really lightened up and the whole colony is turning more blue. The second one I've had for a few days :P It's already showing some good PE and I'm guessing it'll lighten up some as well.

Archived