Cultivated Reef

Schreiba's ADA 60-F

teamschreiba

How is the canister filter working?

It's working great so far! I change the filter floss twice a week and when I do my weekly water change I clean the whole canister out. I think it's worth the work to be able to run floss/carbon/etc...

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NICE! Looks great! Can't wait for you to clean some of that clutter up.

And yeah, I currently have a MKV GTI with a shaved rabbit front, lowered, etc. I'm not into the new cars, I need to get back into old ones. I'm sure the DSG is fun, I want to get a new rabbit for my wife, but I can never get rid of a manual.

TDR4.jpg

NICE! Looks great! Can't wait for you to clean some of that clutter up.

And yeah, I currently have a MKV GTI with a shaved rabbit front, lowered, etc. I'm not into the new cars, I need to get back into old ones. I'm sure the DSG is fun, I want to get a new rabbit for my wife, but I can never get rid of a manual.

TDR4.jpg

Thanks!! That looks so clean though!! I've never had manual before although I did learn how to drive them. I had wanted my next car to be a manual but then I found the .:R :P

Thanks!! That looks so clean though!! I've never had manual before although I did learn how to drive them. I had wanted my next car to be a manual but then I found the .:R :P

I've debated a MKIV R, but wifey wants me to keep a 4dr for when we has kiddies.

That's when I said an STI has 4 doors. Then she said she hates hood scoops, and wants me to stay euro. <_<

I think I'm going to end up getting a E46 at some point they way this is working out lol.

The new Rs are nice looking though, I honestly would drive the hell out of one if I had it available.

I've debated a MKIV R, but wifey wants me to keep a 4dr for when we has kiddies.

That's when I said an STI has 4 doors. Then she said she hates hood scoops, and wants me to stay euro. <_<

I think I'm going to end up getting a E46 at some point they way this is working out lol.

The new Rs are nice looking though, I honestly would drive the hell out of one if I had it available.

Yeah I hear you there. A couple of my friends have the E46 M3 and they're awesome cars. I think they're around the same price as a used MkV R right now too except higher mileage. But the new Rs do look great just no more VR6 :(

no...but AWD Ko4 turbo:D

Haha I definitely agree with that from a power standpoint but the exhaust note will never be the same :P

Enough with the cars! jk We need more pics! This thread is going to make me start my 60-F much sooner than I planned. Tank looks great and can't wait to see the progress.

Enough with the cars! jk We need more pics! This thread is going to make me start my 60-F much sooner than I planned. Tank looks great and can't wait to see the progress.

Haha agreed!! But thanks and I really appreciate all these great comments :D I'll try and get some more shots up today too...

The 60-F is a great tank though you should get one up and running. I find myself staring into this one more than my last tank even though I just transferred over all my corals.

would the two PARs be enough for sps?

I've been keeping a few SPS successfully for awhile now including the two montis and the birdsnest. My acros are pretty new but they seem to be doing well so. I think the color in my SPS is great too even though some have claimed that the color isn't as good with LED's.

Just a quick update...

Now that the tank has been established for a little longer I'm starting to see some great PE on my SPS :happy:

I also ordered some acans and a few more SPS from Mr. Coral which I'm pretty excited about since I've never had acans before. I'll try and get some shots of them up on tuesday or wednesday when they come in.

great looking tanks. I want to do an ADA sooo bad.

what'd you ever do with the biube? :ninja:

Thanks!! And yeah they really are great tanks, I wanted a shallow tank after the BiUbe so I feel like this was the best way to go :D

The BiUbe is now confined to the closet though since I'm still in college and can't really manage having two tanks. Maybe one day it will come out of retirement....

WOW - Great picture of that cleaner shrimp!

Thanks!! I've been looking into a macro lens recently too since I'm just using a kit lens now. They're just so expensive though...

macros are definitely worth it IMO. I think you should spend the extra money for one.

Yeah I'd really like to but I definitely need to research it more. I love the shots where you can see the polyps on the SPS and macro shots of acans are always incredible.

But I still want some lily pipes and an inline heater which aren't exactly cheap either...

thats a tough decision. Lily pipes are amazing. I say go for the macros then lily pipes haha

Yeah I know.... I'm sort of feeling the same way just because I know how much I will have to clean those lily pipes if I want to keep them looking nice <_<

But.....New frags came in today and they're floating right now!!! :D

All of the new frags seem to be doing well :happy:

I also took a few more shots today...

Seeing the best PE yet since I've had this frag which makes me wish I had that macro lens so I could get a closer shot

5390675135_834a51b41b.jpg

5390665463_815199ba69.jpg

I read somewhere on google about these feather duster looking things on acros and that it was some type of harmless barnacle. Any other opinions? It looks pretty cool and goes in and out pretty quickly and regularly

Nice shots ts. Dont worry about the barnacle i had a rather large one on a torch frag i used to have. They're filter feeders and are always actively trying to pull food from the water column especially if your feeding the tank. Theyre usually harmless to the host.

Nice shots ts. Dont worry about the barnacle i had a rather large one on a torch frag i used to have. They're filter feeders and are always actively trying to pull food from the water column especially if your feeding the tank. Theyre usually harmless to the host.

Thanks rehype!! And yeah that's what I was hoping. It scared me a little at first just because I had no idea what it was but now it's pretty fun to watch since I know its pretty harmless.

Archived