SaltCritters.com

Matt's 11g Green Leaf Rimless

Clavius85

Well I gave it another shot trying to build the stand by myself. It's not fancy but I think it will do the job when completed. Here it is so far:

IMG_1754.jpg

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey matt, I'm also kinda sad that you ended this project. I feel like you took your solana down so you can deal with less maintenance. The cadlights might as well be a solana. You won't have a sump anymore and you'll have the same limitations as with the solana. At the end of the day it's your decision. I just felt like letting you know how I see it. Good luck with your new tank!

Hey matt, I'm also kinda sad that you ended this project. I feel like you took your solana down so you can deal with less maintenance. The cadlights might as well be a solana. You won't have a sump anymore and you'll have the same limitations as with the solana. At the end of the day it's your decision. I just felt like letting you know how I see it. Good luck with your new tank!

I did take my Solana down because I was worried about how much maintenance it would be. Looking back now I think I would have been able to manage it. So on one hand I kind of regret breaking down and selling the Solana. However, on the other hand I was never really happy with the dimensions of it. Don't get me wrong, it's a great tank. I've just started to prefer tanks with longer dimensions.

I don't regret starting this 11g project. Even though I never finished it I did learn a lot about plumbing, etc. And I'm sure that knowledge will come in handy some day in the future. But for now I think an AIO tank is best.

I get what you mean. And I admire your honesty. Most people on nano reef would have made up a story just so people don't think they changed their mind. I hope all goes well and you settle on the new tank! I was looking at the 40 long that cadlights has, and I think that's my dream tank!

^ Who cares as long as he puts water in something dammit! hahaha

I'm looking forward to setting up the new CAD tank. Whereas I was kind of dreading having to plumb this tank and build the LED light.

I can understand that! I'm happy that all my work setting up this tank is done and I have zero desire to change to anything else anytime soon.

Archived