Top Shelf Aquatics

Matt's 11g Green Leaf Rimless

Clavius85

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've revised my stocking list for this tank. I think I may sell the Yellow Clown Goby as it has been bothering some of my SPS in the pico. If I do go ahead and sell him I'm going to either get a pair of percula clowns for this tank or a clown and a firefish. Two fish seem about right for such a small tank.

Should look really nice with the back painted. Black paint I would assume.

Yep. Black paint.

And this is tentatively my final sump design. Let me know what you guys think:

Sump2-1.jpg

IDK because I don't have a sump \ fuge but wouldn't you want the dirty water from the tank going into the fuge before it is filtered out by the skimmer?

IDK because I don't have a sump \ fuge but wouldn't you want the dirty water from the tank going into the fuge before it is filtered out by the skimmer?

Well, I want the water from the display to go through mechanical filtration (filter sock) first. Then skimmer and then to the return. The idea behind this plan is that the water goes to the return and on its way to the display some goes to the fuge as well. This slows down the amount of water going through the fuge giving it more time to "react" with chaeto or whatever I'll have in there.

Could you instead of having the branch off the return make the branch off the pipe coming down from the display. Then you could still control the flow into the fuge.

How does the water get from the fuge into the return section? Does it flow over the wall you have there? Do you have a way to keep pcs. of algae etc. from going over the wall and getting into the return pump? Do you think that without any bubble traps on that side the water coming over the wall to the return will cause bubbles and be returned to your tank/

Could you instead of having the branch off the return make the branch off the pipe coming down from the display. Then you could still control the flow into the fuge.

How does the water get from the fuge into the return section? Does it flow over the wall you have there? Do you have a way to keep pcs. of algae etc. from going over the wall and getting into the return pump? Do you think that without any bubble traps on that side the water coming over the wall to the return will cause bubbles and be returned to your tank/

Good points!

I guess I could have the input to the fuge branch off from the input from the display.

I plan on having some eggcrate at the top of the fuge wall to keep chaeto, etc. from going into the return area.

I don't think there will be a bubble issue with the way it is drawn out. But I hadn't thought about that. It could be a problem so I may need to have baffles on either side of the return section.

My light just arrived... aaaaand I don't think this thing is going to work. It's massive. I mean, I knew it was big but had no idea it would be this big. I'll post some pics in a minute.

I'd be scared as hell to put that on a rimless tank! :scarry:

Yeah... I don't know what to do now. This project is kind of dead in the water.

If you can return it ....I would. They have some nice lights out there for comparable prices.

I don't want to know how much it would cost me to return this thing.

A local reefer suggested that I mount the light behind the tank. Setup like a vertical piece of wood and attach the light to it there. That way the light would be centered over the tank and wouldn't be hanging on the glass.

I painted the back of the tank:

IMG_1726.jpg

And here it is with the Viper on it:

IMG_1727.jpg

IMG_1728.jpg

I've decided that mounting it on the tank isn't an option as it just doesn't seem stable enough. So what I"m going to do is when I build my stand I'll have a piece of wood behind the tank that I"ll mount the light to. Here's what I am thinking, if you're looking at the tank/stand from the side:

stand1.jpg

remember to build the piece high enough on the stand so when the light is clamped on, the fan clears the rim of the tank. I dunno if thats obvious or not but felt it should be mentioned. :lol: Cause I'd do something stupid like that.

looks nicey nice. B)

I need an update here work faster. Need any hermits,urchins,tangs or anything I know a place lol.

I still have to build a stand and construct the sump.

Archived