Innovative Marine Aquariums

Best place to get a shallow aquarium?

GiantBen

I'm interested in exploring moving my BC29 to a shallow aquarium. Maybe 45 gallons or so. Rectangular shape is fine too, not necessarily square. Anyone have any recommendations on a casual place to look? By casual I mean not having to contact someone and get a custom quote.

Thanks.

you may want to research glasscages...i seem to remember reading negative things about them throughout the interwebs

Yes, I've read those things too...

if you can stomach acrylic, you might try advanced acrylics. I have gone through them on several custom jobs - quality work and good prices. Fair warning tho, customer service can be...slow, and I have heard of some less than favorable shipping stories. My experience with them has always been good tho.

Ben,

I'm searching for the same concept of a tank only I'm looking for 28L:28w:10H. I'm also looking for rimless and exempt of euro brace. Anyhow, perhaps you should try pico aquarium.com. One of members on here got a tank from there and it seems flawless. http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...53991&st=40. There's the link.

Oh might I add that I requested a custom quote, I didn't realize that you preferred no custom quoting.

Your in Canada correct? Miracles Aquarium in Toronto hands down has the best tanks in Canada and possibly the States. I know of many people from the states who have paid major shipping just to get one of their tanks.

I had a 20 long of theirs and it was the regular glass and it was much clearer then any tank you get at the store. They also have starfire glass. If you want to go bigger into a regular non custom tank I'd suggest a 40 breeder.

phi delt reefer
Your in Canada correct? Miracles Aquarium in Toronto hands down has the best tanks in Canada and possibly the States. I know of many people from the states who have paid major shipping just to get one of their tanks.

I had a 20 long of theirs and it was the regular glass and it was much clearer then any tank you get at the store. They also have starfire glass. If you want to go bigger into a regular non custom tank I'd suggest a 40 breeder.

He's in California. They have a North bay too... had to google it to be sure :)

CA = California for me. Sorry. Thanks though.

I don't see anything on Pico's site about non-picos.

I really like the 45Low dimensions at GreatLakes. Maybe the 85 wide too....

I didn't realize overflows were so expensive. If I have a tank to run a SUMP in, I assume I should just get it drilled and skip the overflow?

He's in California. They have a North bay too... had to google it to be sure :)

Ok..lol. I seen North Bay and assumed it was Canada..lol. Some people use CA for Canada too..lol

Well, I really like the GreatLakes 45Low, but they say shipping is $300 minimum. I can't pay that. GlassCages has a 36x24x10, but I'm worried that 10 is too low. I liked the idea of 12" high. Maybe 10" will be okay. Anyone know of something close enough to San Francisco to be picked up?

jeff@zina.com

A stock size would be a 40 breeder, might be low enough for you, might not. Look at "custom aquariums" in your local phone book if you want something local. There's an acrylic tank fabricator in every major city I've ever been to.

Jeff

Archived