• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• burtbollinger

• Genj

• paneubert

• reeftankguy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I should have my dual reactor with rox and GFO Thurs if not Frid and will set up a test run for two weeks to see how well the carbon does and how long it takes before the carbon is full.

It did take me a little while to figure out how to get the carbon into the cartridge without filling the tube up as well. Here is the solution which will save the masses my frustration!

Super glue the tubing to the upper sponge and then take a skewer (for grilling, bamboo in my case) and jam it in a wine cork. Put the wine cork into the open end of the tubing and fill your cartridge up around the tubing. pull out the cork and push the other sponge down onto the carbon/tubing and proceed normally.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I changed out the carbon today, not because it showed any signs of clogging, but because I think I was having a bit of chemwar going on from all the new stuff. I'm confident that it would have no problem at all for longer periods of time.

I highly recommend my patented design of running both in the same reactor! *grin*

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

how much do you guys use rox in biocube 29 ?

I checked BRS - it said use .16 cup!!! thats WAY too small...I thought maybe use a half cup in mesh bag and let it running for a month or so??

Thanks!

Jake

doppelganger

well if you follow the instructions it should be about 3 tbsps. There shouldn't be any harm running more. If it's going in a mesh bag there's no real reason why you couldn't just use the 3 tbsps or a bit more. half a cup is a fair amount more tho. Depends how lazy u want to be with changing it out ;)

I'll be trying out the BRS ROX in the next month so reading about the good reviews is great news. Got some on a group buy and am waiting for my last chemi-elite to exhaust itself.

• 7 years later...
FLSharkvictim

Yes, I have been using Bulk Reef Supply ROX 0.8 FOR THE last 5 years and I will not use anything other carbon on the market. 

I run my ROX 0.8 Carbon through my new #NYOS TORQ Media reactor! 

See the source image

Make sure you follow my new build thread that I started on the new SCA Custom rimless 150. 

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/flsharkvictim-custom-rimless-sca-150-build.533545