Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Jgpicos Pico

jgpico

Love the deftones... love that adult swim cartoon though.

The deftones are amazing! Last time i saw them was at red rocks and i got to meet them after the show it was amazing! metalocalypse is definitely top 3 adult swim cartoons. I wish i could change my member name to Dr. Rockso lol. Something he would say is my tank needs more zazz!!!!!!! lmao

and white pony is their best album imo B)

White Pony is definitely one of the best! I have a hard time deciding which album is my favorite B)

looking pretty good here.

Thanks newman i really appreciate the comment. Im still loving your tank as always. Your tank has inspired me to get more zoas for my tank :happy:

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like your setup! You have lots of green colors in your tank...any chance of getting some other colored corals going? Will be following along...

I like your setup! You have lots of green colors in your tank...any chance of getting some other colored corals going? Will be following along...

Lol you noticed all the green eh :P ? Yes I know its alot of green and beleive me it is starting to drive me crazy haha. Seems like every time I go to the lfs the best looking frags are some shade of green. I plan on getting every different color in this tank one way or another. Feel free to send me one of every different colored frag you can get your hands on lol thanks for the compliment :D

EVERYONE GO AND VOTE IN THE PICO PHOTO CONTEST THREAD. There are tons of awesome picos in the contest (mine included) and the winner gets a custom sig made by Mr. Microscope. So go vote!!!!

EVERYONE GO AND VOTE IN THE PICO PHOTO CONTEST THREAD. There are tons of awesome picos in the contest (mine included) and the winner gets a custom sig made my Mr. Microscope. So go vote!!!!

"my Mr. Microscope" ???? sucking up to the judge?

:P

"my Mr. Microscope" ???? sucking up to the judge?

:P

LMAO!!!!!! oops edited. but anything to help my chances lol. Just kidding. Sucks that you didnt get your pics in on time, work is always getting in the way. I would still like to see what you were planning to enter...I also just want to hear you admit that i beat you lol even if i dont win the contest!

hey how do your zoas like that rapid 38

They seem to enjoy it. I have had to play with there placement a little bit to make them happy but i have gotten some good growth out of my zoa colonies with this light.

• 3 weeks later...

Well as you can tell I have been MIA for a while and i havent been able to make too many changes to the tank due to work and money. The tank is still up and running and doing very well. Still stocking a little slow but im holding out for reefstock at the denver aquarium this march, cant wait! For now i just got rid of a couple corals that i either didnt have room for or just didnt feel like i was able to keep alive. I had gotten a frogspawn frag that looked perfect at the store but once it was in the tank was just too big and i couldnt find a spot in the tank that kept it and me happy so i took it back to my lfs. I had also gotten a frag of strawberry shortcake that i didnt think was doing too great in the tank so instead of waiting for it to die i took it back as well. Lucky for me i got just enough store credit to pick up a nice little orange plate coral that looks awesome in the tank. I have really been looking for non green corals to put in the tank and this was perfect. Let me know what you think. Thanks for checkin in :happy:

2011-02-16220021.jpg

2011-02-07214008.jpg

2011-02-07212718.jpg

2011-02-08180657.jpg

lol too many awesome corals are green o_o I have that same issue, by pico is going to be green by the time I'm done x_x

I think your stocking pace feels right, the faster you go the more potential for major issues.

lol too many awesome corals are green o_o I have that same issue, by pico is going to be green by the time I'm done x_x

I think your stocking pace feels right, the faster you go the more potential for major issues.

LOL i totally agree with you that too many awesome corals are green. My girlfriend now knows that when we are at the lfs not to let me get too many green things lol. It was actually her idea for me to get the plate coral. I also agree with you that my stocking pace feels right just becuase it gives me time to do my research on each new coral that im purchasing without having to worry about having 10 other corals to worry about. The tank may look bare now but it will fill in soon enough. I also think that you can pull off the green thing newman it looks good on your pico! :D

• 3 weeks later...
Don't forget reefstock is almost here.

I CANT WAIT! Im super stoked for reefstock. I have already requested the day of and after off so i can mess with my tank if i end up buying anything there. Also elite is having a raffle on the sunday after reefstock for a 90 gallon tank and some other reef shwag! You should try to make it, its at 6. I will also hopefully be getting a part time job there as well. Speaking of elite reef i have gotten some new stuff in the past couple of weeks. let me know what you think. I am happy with how the tank is coming along.

Fts

2011-03-03202900.jpg

duncan, sponge and zoas

2011-03-07210328.jpg

Out of focus lobo. Can't really see the colors but its got bright orange around the mouth and a lighter green body

2011-03-06174841.jpg

Single head of frogspawn and one of the three sexies.

2011-03-07190258.jpg

This rock is full of these mushrooms. When you look at them from above the waters surface they have orange green and purple colors but when you look at them through the glass they are a totally different color.

2011-03-07194254.jpg

And one of my favorite pics. Just added these guys on sunday and i love them. They bring so much life to the tank and they are already eating bloodworms straight from the pipette.

2011-03-07213622.jpg

nice sexies! watch out for your zoa skirts though, mine are pretty much gone.

Thanks for the warning jdl. I have heard that sexies will start to eat corals if they aren't well fed. I have been keeping a close eye out for any weird behavior from my zoos and corals. I really hope they don't end up wrecking my tank. I just plan to feed them and keep them full so they don't turn on my corals. hopefully it works. If not i will just throw them into my girlfriends tank lmao :lol:

wow looking good. lol I should stop in I've been avoiding it since I'm basically broke. But the 75 build will need some stuff.

Yeah it should be a good time. They have a 90 gallon tank and i think a reef keeper and some other stuff that they are raffling off. What kind of sps should i put in this tank bitts? Or what other kind of coral should i try next?

So i woke up this morning and all my zoas look pissed off. Either closed all the way or just unhappy. I really hope its not the sexy shrimp that are doing this to the zoas. Anyone have any advice? I have been feeding them bloodworms hoping it will curb there hunger.

i feed my tank every day now, and pretty heavy. they still pick the hell out of my zoas. i have been giving them pretty large chunks (about the size of their head), of meat from rogers reef food plus. seemed to have curbed them a little.

i feed my tank every day now, and pretty heavy. they still pick the hell out of my zoas. i have been giving them pretty large chunks (about the size of their head), of meat from rogers reef food plus. seemed to have curbed them a little.

Yeah I'm hoping I can keep them from eating my corals but looking around the forums has lead me to believe that it's a battle that is most times lost. I just checked out your pico btw and wow. You have a sweet little tank. Any advice on getting coraline like that? I have none lol

it takes a very long time to get good coralline. you can ensure it by keeping your params up with quality water changes.

it takes a very long time to get good coralline. you can ensure it by keeping your params up with quality water changes.

Yeah yeah I know lol patience is a virtue. I am starting to think it's the led's because my gf's tank has a cheap coralife dual pc and it is everywhere and believe me she doesn't do half as many water changes as I do. :huh:

by the power of the coralife!!!!! (imagine he-man holding up my light) i think newman hit it on the head. i dont think i had any coralline until 6 months or so. the live rock i got was covered in it so that might have helped. i have been researching coralline growth with led, and it seems like 50/50. some say no problems growing it, others cant grow it to save their lives. give it some time. maybe take some rock from your girls tank to seed some coraline? when my light comes in i will do a survey on the coralline to see if there is die off or more growth.

OK so I have decided that sexy shrimp are awesome...as long as they arent in your tank!!! I have had mine for less than a week and I already want them out. I feed them twice a day and they have still taken out a colony of my zoas. Looks like they are going to be exiled to the mushroom paradise(my gf's tank) live and learn I guess. :angry:

Archived