Top Shelf Aquatics

Jgpicos Pico

jgpico

Siphon those flat worms as often as you see them. They will grow into uncotrollable nubers. You will hate your life.

Yeah i freaked when i saw one tiny one on the glass. I sucked it right out and sat at the tank for probably an hour looking for more. Luckily i didn't see any but im nervous they are going to start popping up.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just follow proper husbandry. Then if needed dip & quarantine the livestock, while you eradicate the problem from the display. Don't panic, just do whats needed. if you end up tearing the tank down no worry's its one of the bene's of a pico. just think if it where a 180.

as to the spawn. all of mine all 3 (frog, hammer, torch) have been nothing but low maintenance. about the same as candy cane.

What usually happens when a candy cane is about to split. It has two mouths and has definitely been acting a little different lately. Also what is the best food that will work for all of my tank inhabitants? I have a candy cane, some zoas, a ric, and now the blastos. Is there anything that they all like?

I'm no help on the zoa's but I've never met an lps that wouldn't eat what ever fell there way. mostly its the size that matters. as to splitting. yeah they just split, develop mouths & divide.

• 2 weeks later...

Well i havent had anything too exciting happen with the tank lately but i did pick up a couple more frags yesterday. I got a small frag of GSP and also a green toadstool. Nothing too exciting but im happy with it. My ato float switch has stopped working so i need some suggestions as to where i can pick up just a float switch or where i can pick up a full ato kit that wont take up too much real estate in my tank. Any suggestions would be great thanks! :)

Now a couple pics...

2011-01-24103940.jpg

2011-01-24104011.jpg

I'll make more smarta22 comments when I get home and can see the pictures but I was beginning to think my shipment of copper really did get in your tank :P

looks good jg..love the aquascape.

Thanks Hype I really appreciate the comment and the feedback. It means alot coming from you since i hope to have a tank as epic as yours someday. I just wish i was a little more creative with my frag placement but its hard with this size tank... any suggestions as to where some of my corals would look or do better light wise and flow wise? Oh yeah im also getting a one to two head frag of hammer in the next couple of days. Gotta figure out where to put that since it has some potentially dangerous sweepers....

ATO sensors should not just randomly stop working. did you have the sensor next to the powerhead or any other magnetic device? that kills them fast.

Actually no it wasnt in a high flow area or next to any magnetic devices at all. It honestly just stopped working. I had the float switch for a while since i purchased it to use on my 14gal bc but never ended up using it for that tank. I havent figured out why it stopped but it did and i cannot remember where i ordered it from. Any suggestions?

I was at work..... work servers block a lot of pictures. :(

I like the scape, you need some movement and you need to spend at least $509809870980987 dollars on corals to get some color in there :P That arch in the middle is begging for something to be swimming through it.

I was at work..... work servers block a lot of pictures. :(

I like the scape, you need some movement and you need to spend at least $509809870980987 dollars on corals to get some color in there :P That arch in the middle is begging for something to be swimming through it.

I agree. I really need something to utilize the cave. None of my lfs's have been getting in any decent small goby's. Im tempted to order a red striped or something like it but ordering fish makes me nervous especially when it would be delivered to my apartments front office. I have really been thinking about adding a pom pom crab or something as well. Its still a little too early to add some sexy shrimp.

Ok so yesterday i had the day off and i did my usual lfs tour to see what everyone had. At one of my lfs i bought a really nice green ric and some rods coral food to see how my frags like it. At the other lfs i saw one of the smallest high fin gobies i have ever seen. He is literally as big as a red neon goby, tiny! He was in a tank just full of nasty algae and just not happy looking. The first question i asked was if it eats and what it eats and the owner of the store said it has been eating mysis. I know that she could have just told me that to sell me the fish but i do trust this store and the owner. so sorry for the long story but i purchased the fish and so far it is going well. He hides a lot but i figure its a new tank and he has me looking at him all the time. My question is this...Is a high fin goby going to be ok in this size tank and will the fish be better off if i purchase a pistol shrimp for him to pair up with? Please tell me if me getting this fish is a stupid move and if you have any advice, im open to everything. Ill try to post some pics later tonight.

Good looking rock scape. Is that one big rock or more than one put together?

Actually its 4 seperate rocks. It took me forever to finally settle with this scape. I really loved how easy it was to stack and make a cool scape with the reef cleaners rock. thanks for the compliment :)

Did you pull the tags off the bottom of your corals yet? ;)

I looked everywhere for the damn tags will and they are no where to be found! You're a dirty liar lol. Has your cat ruined your tank yet haha

Love that scape and the goby looks right at home. You're getting some dang fancy critters in there. Your tank looks too clean, you need to feed it a lot.

I swear I read on the interwebz that Tyree has tags on his corals. You may need to cut them open cause they swallowed them.

I have erected cat barriers on the sides of the tank to prevent her from jumping up. I do set her in my lap so she can study the feesheez. Makes her really mad that she can't get at them.

BTW I hate your new avatar..... switch it back. :D

Love that scape and the goby looks right at home. You're getting some dang fancy critters in there. Your tank looks too clean, you need to feed it a lot.

I swear I read on the interwebz that Tyree has tags on his corals. You may need to cut them open cause they swallowed them.

I have erected cat barriers on the sides of the tank to prevent her from jumping up. I do set her in my lap so she can study the feesheez. Makes her really mad that she can't get at them.

BTW I hate your new avatar..... switch it back. :D

You hate my new avatar? Does that just mean that you dont like good music lol? I might change it to something a little more colorful but the deftones are my all time favorite band! Thanks for the compliments man...Im wating for you to update your tank so we can see what you have been up to lol, you're makin me kind of nervous for the competition haha.

Thats cool, looks like one big rock. Looks real natural. Lots of good places for corals.

Natural was the look i was going for and i tried making it to where I had some good spots for a lot of different kinds of corals. I appreciate the compliments on the scape man.

Archived