Innovative Marine Aquariums

Jgpicos Pico

jgpico

I have no idea, I've only fed my tank once a week. I'm grinding up New Life Spectrum into a fine powder and then letting it drift down through the tank. Seems to keep everyone happy and my YCG got really active zipping through the tank to get some food.

I'm thinking about letting everything settle for about 2 weeks then try feeding some cyclopeez along with the New Life Spectrum powder followed by a large water change.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That seems like a good idea. Ill have to look into the life spectrum food. I have honestly never even heard of it. I am jealous that you have a fish now lol. looks like i need to do some catching up now :happy:

the only two factors that matter in target feeding are the corals reaction & its affect on water quality.

Ok so im thinking about going to the lfs and possibly getting a fish and maybe a new frag. I cant decide if I should stick with my original plan of 2 red striped gobies or just get one to keep my bio-load lower and possibly add another invert to my list. What do you think? Maybe one fish and a porcelain crab or something...

Tank is looking nice. An eel? cool. Interesting choice, any special needs for an eel?

About the feeding. If the rics accepts the food then it is fine. I feed mine quite often, every day to every other day. Sometimes it refuses food, that is when I know to not feed it for a few days.

I lied...i didnt get an eel lol. I had one in my 75 gallon and he was crazy. No real special treatment for an eel, just feed it silversides and make sure it has places to hide. Anyways, I ended up going to both of my favorite lfs and didnt get anything but a couple nerites and a small red bumpy mushroom for my gf's tank. I really need to get paid so I can put some good stuff in my tank.

Tell you which lfs's? Well they are a couple places you recommended to me. Aqua mart and elite :happy: lately they dont have too much im interested in though. Which sucks since im in this damn contest and gotta beat will!!!

Tell you which lfs's? Well they are a couple places you recommended to me. Aqua mart and elite :happy: lately they dont have too much im interested in though. Which sucks since im in this damn contest and gotta beat will!!!

You sure talk a lot of smack for someone without a fish in this fight! omgomgomg

Im waiting for a fish that im gonna love not a fish that I settle for ya know. Not all of us are lucky enough to get a fish as awesome as posiedon! Also im still wondering if I should stick with my original plan of 2 red striped gobies or not.

LOL I was hoping for some hidden gem that I'd never been too.

don't worry about the fish. you'll still beat him with out the fish. his water quality will go to pot & take the corals with it.

LOL I was hoping for some hidden gem that I'd never been too.

don't worry about the fish. you'll still beat him with out the fish. his water quality will go to pot & take the corals with it.

Bitts I have been looking for a hidden gem and im not having any luck. Elite and aqua mart are ok but lately they have been sub par. Its probably just me being picky lol. I think im going to hold off on a fish for now until I find one I absolutely need. A flaming prawn goby would be sweet but id have to sell my tank to afford it lmao.

I got a new frag today. Its a nice piece of blasto. Just wanted to post a picture since I havent made any updates in a while. Im thinking about getting a small head of frog spawn. My lfs has a huge colony of what he called reverse frog spawn since its green on the tips and pink everywhere else. Is frog spawn a good idea?

2011-01-09201056.jpg

thats a nice blasto! It looks like the kind i have in my tank. Do what El Fab says, I dont feed mine and it has grown very slowly on light.

Yeah Blasto's!!!

feeding is needed for growth. light is to maintain size & health. while feeding provides the nutrients for actual growth. just watch the water quality.

definitely go for the frog spawn.

How demanding of a coral is frog spawn. Light, flow, feeding? I know they can be an agressive coral but is there anything else I should watch for? Also is it normal to see one or two flat worms on the glass? I have been watching since I found the first one and I havent seen any more. Just wondering if I should be worried and possibly do something before they get out of hand...

My corals loooovvveee fish poop.

Nice addition to your tank.

I haven't been able to talk smack all weekend because my cable modem died.

I have heard flatworms will get out of your tank and eat all the food in your fridge and mug old women. They also LOVE blasto flesh!

:D

Archived