Innovative Marine Aquariums

Jgpicos Pico

jgpico

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Something with more red in it. Or even orange.

:)

It sucks that you can't see the red monti or the orange plate coral in my fts. The light washes them out so much.

You don't fancy a nice piece of SPS on that top right ledge? You have a great light from what I remember.

Or ... some duncans?

I have some Duncan's in my 14 that I can put in here. As far as an sps for the top ridge I'm not sure what I would do. I have had other sps there before and they always seem to bleach. I might give it another try.

it could just be the blue color dominating in the pics. there is a way to remedy it with adjusting white balance as we had discussed before. but it comes down to the camera.

it could just be the blue color dominating in the pics. there is a way to remedy it with adjusting white balance as we had discussed before. but it comes down to the camera.

Yeah I know we have discussed it before. I have 3 different point and shoots that I either can't find or I dont have batteries for. Maybe I will actually go to BB tomorrow to find a battery for the one I have.

Looks great man.

Thanks hype. Like I was saying above I hate how my pics turn out but I cant really complain since I am using my phone camera. I was actually at best buy the other day looking at canon dslr cameras. hopefully I get enough from my taxes to get one. Or you can just fly out have some beers, talk tanks and take some pics lol.

my room mate is giving me a frag of blue/purple polyp things not sure what they are exactly but they are on a rock that also has some blasto skeleton. You can actually still see the mouths on the blastos but there is no surrounding polyp. do you think these have a chance of making a come back?

Builder Anthony

if it eats defintely,its been 2 weeks on a faded outside rim blasto i picked up but i feed it and highlight it .now its nice and fat with new tissue

Or you can just fly out have some beers, talk tanks and take some pics lol.

That sounds like a plan to me brother :D

if it eats defintely,its been 2 weeks on a faded outside rim blasto i picked up but i feed it and highlight it .now its nice and fat with new tissue

when you say spotlighting it do you mean keeoing it in a high light area?

REEF STOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This saturday is the 5th annual reef stock here at the denver aquarium. I am hoping to find some sweet corals from the top vendors out here and also try to win some stuff in the raffle. Last year I won a bucket of salinity so hopefully I can win something better this year. Ill take some pics to post that day.

REEF STOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This saturday is the 5th annual reef stock here at the denver aquarium. I am hoping to find some sweet corals from the top vendors out here and also try to win some stuff in the raffle. Last year I won a bucket of salinity so hopefully I can win something better this year. Ill take some pics to post that day.

That sounds awesome. Have super amounts of fun! Hope you win something cool!

That sounds awesome. Have super amounts of fun! Hope you win something cool!

I am hoping I am able to find some sweet corals and also meet some local nano reefers.

Since i will not be adding any fish to this tank i decided to give a tube nem a try. Its an amazing pinkish orange color. Ill try to get a decent pic in the morning. Any advice?

Scratch the tube nem idea. The second I put it in the tank my pom pom crab grabbed it and dragged it into his cave. I almost had to tear down my rockwork to get it back. I then got it buried in the sand in a spot where it wasnt going to sting anything in the tank and it had a deeper sandbed than the rest of the tank. It was in the same spot before I went to bed but when I woke up the pom pom had it again. I am either going to take it back to the lfs or I am going to give it a try in my 14 gallon. What do you guys think I should do?

Shoot the pom pom? haha. Not sure how you do it, but I guess you need to give the nem chance to stick itself down. Though if the crab is so determined, guess you need to give up one or the other.

Shoot the pom pom? haha. Not sure how you do it, but I guess you need to give the nem chance to stick itself down. Though if the crab is so determined, guess you need to give up one or the other.

This nem is so flippin cool though lol. I just dont understand why the pom pom is doing this, it makes no sense. I am going to put it in the 14 gallon and see how it does.

You can't have fish because they'll jump, right? :tears:

L

I have decided that if I do a fish I will have a glass top made. why?

I dont know if you guys remember when I added the dying/dead frag of blastos to my tank that my room mate gave to me but It is actually starting to look awesome! I originally got the frag because it has blue cloves around the base. I really didnt think that the blastos had any chance of becoming healthy again but they are. I cant wait to see his face when he sees the blastos that he gave up on doing awesome in my tank.

Archived