ReefCleaners.org

Jgpicos Pico

jgpico

Lmao i hope i never have to put any corals in time out haha :lol: so will what im going to need you to do is purchase a darth maul and send it to at 80233. ill shoot you some money through paypal lol

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that tank is awesome. that little ric garden is sweet, ill have one just on a smaller scale of course lol. ill have the ric and zoa gardens down low and do some more high light corals up top. what is a good sps coral to start off with?

So I havent had much going on with the tank lately since I have been spending all my money on others for christmas but its going to really start picking since I got some gift cards to my lfs. I really need to beat will46 in this contest lol. But for now here is a pic I thought was pretty cool. Hope everyone had a good christmas and got lots of good stuff for their tanks.

2010-12-24204739.jpg

Nice ric, it'd look great with a penny or two in the sand next to it! :P

lmao. you just wait will. im getting some goodies tomorrow!

Neat little ric. Are those extra mouths I see?

This ric has 4 mouths total. It looks like the bottom mouth is about to split off.

hey Josh, hope your C-Mas rocked. that ric looks great. normally I'd say that you need to feed the piss out of it & get it to start dividing. but not sure if you can do it in a pico, maybe a peace of mysis shrimp, every once in a while.

thanks bitts, i had a great christmas...hope you had the same although it didnt feel like it since we havent had any freakin snow! lol. anyways i was planning of asking what i should feed the ric and how often. a piece of mysis every now and then seems easy enough. i went to to lfs today and picked up a couple frags of zoas and a candy cane coral, nothing special but im starting to make some progress. ill post some pics once they are acclimated and the lights come back on...

I added the frags i got to the tank and they almost immediately opened up. Im looking for I.D's on the zoas but they are awesome colors in real life. Let me know what you think and if you have any ideas on I.D's. Thanks guys/gals

2010-12-27181441.jpg

2010-12-27181511.jpg

2010-12-27165830.jpg

I also found this little bastard on on of the zoa frags.

2010-12-27155208.jpg

2010-12-27184408.jpg

hey bitts for whatever reason i cant open that link? any ideas? what is it?

Nevermind i clicked it again after i posted this and it worked! I will be there!!!!! Do we have any local frag swaps or anything like that? plus i have been meaning to ask you have you been to the lfs in boulder and seen the giant clam they have? if not its pretty sweet. plus they have a nice sps show tank.

everything i just added yesterday is still looking good. I want to go to the lfs today and hopefully pick up an sps frag of some sort. What do you think i should get?

everything i just added yesterday is still looking good. I want to go to the lfs today and hopefully pick up an sps frag of some sort. What do you think i should get?

I like that trumpet coral, I was contiplating adding one to my tank but now I won't because of you :(

I like the new additions.

You need to buy something really expensive so you can't afford to stock your tank in the next month or so :D

I like that trumpet coral, I was contiplating adding one to my tank but now I won't because of you :(

I like the new additions.

You need to buy something really expensive so you can't afford to stock your tank in the next month or so :D

Thanks will. The tank is starting to come together finally. You should still definitely get a trumpet, they are awesome. Don't not get one just because of me. Plus we are in this together lol, so you have to tell me whats working for you and ill tell you whats working for me. The trumpet adds great colors to the tank and there are different colored trumpets. And i still havent even spent any money since christmas....i have been using the gift card my gf got me lol! So that means i still have plenty of money to stock!

sps mmm...

personally I ike acro's & milly's

PC Superman Anthocercis if you can ever find it.

then try to find a frag of ORA Red Planet.

nope never made it up to the shop in boulder. I really should try but I've been avoiding the lfs do to budget.

sps mmm...

personally I ike acro's & milly's

PC Superman Anthocercis if you can ever find it.

then try to find a frag of ORA Red Planet.

nope never made it up to the shop in boulder. I really should try but I've been avoiding the lfs do to budget.

How hard is it to keep sps? Am i going to have to start dosing anything? I almost bought an sps frag today but didnt because the employee at the lfs kind of talked me out of it lol. I really want to get some sps soon!

having not kept them in a pico, can't really say much. but in my ten gallon set up I was having to dose 10ml a day of each 2 part. had ruffly 12-13g total system volume. 2 clams & 2 acro frags.

How hard is it to keep sps? Am i going to have to start dosing anything? I almost bought an sps frag today but didnt because the employee at the lfs kind of talked me out of it lol. I really want to get some sps soon!

SPS aren't hard to keep in a pico but I would advise you to hold off for a bit until your tank is mature enough and you wanna make sure your tank is completely stable. Otherwise montis and birdsnests are great candidates. I love how this tank is coming together. Awesome job. :)

I hear that the secret to keeping SPS is to wire them to the rocks with copper wire. :P

I may get those darth mauls just to taunt you with my coolness.

SPS aren't hard to keep in a pico but I would advise you to hold off for a bit until your tank is mature enough and you wanna make sure your tank is completely stable. Otherwise montis and birdsnests are great candidates. I love how this tank is coming together. Awesome job. :)

Thanks el fab, that means a lot coming from you. Your tank is the whole reason why i wanted to take this adventure. I am happy with how the tank is coming along as well. A little slow but honestly i feel more comfortable with a slow pace so i can learn along the way and so im not just dumping money into the tank that i can potentially lose... thanks for all of your advice. :)

I hear that the secret to keeping SPS is to wire them to the rocks with copper wire. :P

I may get those darth mauls just to taunt you with my coolness.

Ya know i was thinking copper would be just the thing to set this tank off! actually the next rock i get i am going to dip it in copper, good idea? Thanks for your advice. p.s. if you get the darth mauls just to taunt me i will find where you live and i will see where you sleep....and i swear to the god of skinny punks that your mother will cry when she sees what I've done to you!!!!!!! :lol:

Just kiddin will lol. I dont really have any updates or anything like that just a couple questions. I have been feeding my trumpet and ric about 1 to 2 mysis every 3rd day and they are loving it. Is this too much or too often for my size tank? Also does anyone feed there zoas? If so how and how often? I really dont want to over do it. I know now that i am doing some feeding i will need to do some more water changes but is what i am doing now good or should i cut back?

Archived