Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Rockryno's Bookshelf SPS Nano

rockryno

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mid September update!

Everything is kicking ass. Frogspawn is out of control and I dont know what to do with it. Bubble is getting way big. Blue lillipora has several new branches, been fragging my birdsnests to conserve room. Forest fire monti is growing all over its rock. Mandarin is doing well, and just added a pom pom crab.

IMG_3012.jpg

Just bought a 20L for more room....

• 2 weeks later...

snagged 2 more white/blue pros from a member here... wanted to put them over the new 20L, but just put one up over the 10. now i have one extra....

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks guys. December update!

011_zps9576f49e.jpg

got rid of GSP, added red blastos and flames of hell leptastrea. Moved a bunch around. Everything is still kickin!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I havent been here in a while! Here is a March 2013 update! Ive decided to make the 10g an SPS tank, so gone are most of the LPS. Heres just a quick phone shot. Once it fills out a little more Ill get higher quality pics.

003-1_zps4eb89f3d.jpg

one more update while im at it. Snowy day project! Had an AI SOL blue sitting on my shelf for the past from months and was finally able to find time to cut the bookshelf and make brackets.

004-1_zps91694b19.jpg

003-1_zps1885a0e9.jpg

I havent even begun to mess around with the colors yet. It all seems very complicated. RIght now I just have all 3 colors set to 20% and its so dim!

Got the light dialed in. Max of 20% for a little while, will probably increase 5% per week.

009_zpsd9393dca.jpg

lots of new SPS. Have no ideas of the names.

011_zps2e5b5b29.jpg

For anyone who cares, heres how the light was mounted to the top of the bookshelf. Old bookends finally came in handy. It puts the light about 5" above the water line.

015_zpscbf1dc7f.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey, nice tank there! I can't believe that shelf is still level, I'd would have advised you not to put it there...lol.

haha the shelf is supported from the bottom and has held up for 2+ years, thankfully. Slowly dialing the AI up, just got to 50% across the board and corals are looking good!

thanks guys, ill be moving in a month, so the tank is on auto pilot for now. Im in the process of taking the 20L frag tank down, it has served its purpose. I would like just one tank for now, two is too many. However, I do have some plans for this tank in the new house that should make it a bit cooler.

Archived