Cultivated Reef

December 2010 - Urbaneks

Christopher Marks

Hi,

congratulation for the tank!

I have a question: The anemone doesn't walk across, the corals in the tank? You are not afraid of him, that the anemone passes through the corals?

thanks

Gabor

ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!!!!

Is your Nano a JBJ with the new LED lighting? Also what type of Ca and Alkal test do you reccommend?

With regards to Supplements would you mind sharing which ones you use and your regiment?

Also....Happy Holidays!

This is a really great looking tank, congrats. Would you mind to share what brand of salt you are using?

Thanks

Instant ocean added to premixed which I buy from my lfs

ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!!!!

Is your Nano a JBJ with the new LED lighting? Also what type of Ca and Alkal test do you reccommend?

With regards to Supplements would you mind sharing which ones you use and your regiment?

Also....Happy Holidays!

My tank is not LED, I run T5 lighting.

I use Salifert test kits

If you read the profile I talk in detail about my dozing regiment.

Hi,

congratulation for the tank!

I have a question: The anemone doesn't walk across, the corals in the tank? You are not afraid of him, that the anemone passes through the corals?

thanks

Gabor

No major issues. I had a spot when I put him in the tank and he has stayed put.

Instant ocean added to premixed which I buy from my lfs

My tank is not LED, I run T5 lighting.

I use Salifert test kits

If you read the profile I talk in detail about my dozing regiment.

No major issues. I had a spot when I put him in the tank and he has stayed put.

I don't understand how you mix your water. Is the premixed water saltwater from the LFS? Do you then add more salt to it? Any clarification is greatly appreciated!!

I don't understand how you mix your water. Is the premixed water saltwater from the LFS? Do you then add more salt to it? Any clarification is greatly appreciated!!

I buy water from my LFS which is premixed to 1.023. I then add additional salt to raise the salinity to 1.025.

Hope this helps clarify.

I buy water from my LFS which is premixed to 1.023. I then add additional salt to raise the salinity to 1.025.

Hope this helps clarify.

It does. Thanks. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Nice tank! I am in the planning stages right now with my 28 gallon nano I purchased last week. I plan to "diagram" the way I want my live rock to look, and make that purchase this weekend. I was glad to have stumbled on this site, and especially happy to see your tank as it is the same size as mine.

I do two questions about the lighting upgrade you did. My tank came with the 150 Watt HQI - 14K lights.

You said you upgraded to the T5 Nova Extreme Pro lights. When I looked those up, it seems they come on a unit that forces you to get rid of the hood. However, in your pictures it looks like you kept the hood. Did you just retrofit that somehow?

Also (and a total newbie question), the T5 lights are 108 watts and 10k. That is less power than mine, so I am assuming your lights were not the same as what I got on my cube? Possibly they changed the light offering on the 28g after you bought it? I Know you said you did it so you did not have to add a chiller, and living in St. Louis I might have to look at that option in the summer.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
Nice tank! I am in the planning stages right now with my 28 gallon nano I purchased last week. I plan to "diagram" the way I want my live rock to look, and make that purchase this weekend. I was glad to have stumbled on this site, and especially happy to see your tank as it is the same size as mine.

I do two questions about the lighting upgrade you did. My tank came with the 150 Watt HQI - 14K lights.

You said you upgraded to the T5 Nova Extreme Pro lights. When I looked those up, it seems they come on a unit that forces you to get rid of the hood. However, in your pictures it looks like you kept the hood. Did you just retrofit that somehow?

Also (and a total newbie question), the T5 lights are 108 watts and 10k. That is less power than mine, so I am assuming your lights were not the same as what I got on my cube? Possibly they changed the light offering on the 28g after you bought it? I Know you said you did it so you did not have to add a chiller, and living in St. Louis I might have to look at that option in the summer.

Thanks!

I have the same question about lighting (ie, picture shows hood, Nova Extreme Pro lights are external). I love this tank and my Aqua Euro Nano 28G hood lighting is insufficient but I don't want to lose the hood.

• 3 months later...
The Debonator

Even though I am coming into this thread really late, I just wanted to say congratulations on a stunning tank! Also, I have had my 29 gal. BioCube HQI tank up and running for 9 months now and was confused about calcium supplementation and SPS coral feeding, and you have provided good info for me. I am ready to take the next step and get some SPS corals. Yay! Thanks for the direction.

Archived