Coral Vue Hydros

1.5 gallon pest tank low light/low flow

skeeters

Hey guy and gals,

I had a 1.5 gallon tetra tank http://www.petco.com/product/102093/Tetra-...uarium-Kit.aspx which I had crabs in until I moved them to a 6 gallon fluval. I also have a 29 gallon bc coral tank.

So, I'm sitting here with a 1.5 gallon tank with live rock and live sand. I change a cup of water a day and everything stays normal. I'm not going to mess with the lighting on this one. It has only 8 little 1 watt leds. Not enough for corals.

Any options on what I could keep? I know fish or out. Already have emerald and hermit crabs. Maybe a shrimp or a starfish and target feed? Maybe dendro's and target feed?

Screw it I'm doing a pest tank

Thanks

Mr. Microscope

Actually, eight 1 watt LEDs could be okay for corals. That would definitely be better than some PCs, especially over a 1.5. Try some softies.

SC-Pico-Reefer
Hey guy and gals,

I had a 1.5 gallon tetra tank http://www.petco.com/product/102093/Tetra-...uarium-Kit.aspx which I had crabs in until I moved them to a 6 gallon fluval. I also have a 29 gallon bc coral tank.

So, I'm sitting here with a 1.5 gallon tank with live rock and live sand. I change a cup of water a day and everything stays normal. I'm not going to mess with the lighting on this one. It has only 8 little 1 watt leds. Not enough for corals.

Any options on what I could keep? I know fish or out. Already have emerald and hermit crabs. Maybe a shrimp or a starfish and target feed? Maybe dendro's and target feed?

Thanks

Nice little tank, I have one, but I will say that those LEDs are not 1 watters or HO LEDs, they are standard LEDs and will not produce enough light for softies. Just my 2 cents

Good luck with whatever you decide to do

yes, the lights suck. they couldn't keep a shroom. maybe i will just do a shrimp for the kids.

anyone think a cc starfish could make it in that size tank with target feeding and good cleanup?

cc starfish? maybe micro brittles.

what kind of shrimp? sexy shrimp will be better off with some sort of coral or anemone to host. i read they do worse in tanks with nothing but LR.

you could grow mad bryopsis and have lettuce sea hares :P those like slow flow.

Think I'm going to do a pest tank. Aiptasia, flatworms, etc. Just a tank full of villains. I can get my hands on flatworms and aiptasia's. Got a gorilla crab too.

What other evil creatures could I add in a 1.5 low light/low flow? I'll still feed and do some water changes for the inmates but I need more ideas!

the infamous bobbit worm, small mantis shrimps (not the ornate ones you PAY for lol)

majano anemones (or w/e theyre called)

Hydroid colonies, vermetid snails.

maybe the lfs will catch me a mantis shrimp for free. i'm not buying one. i had to look up bobbit worm. he looks awesome. i want one. got to figure out where to get all these pest.

Archived