Coral Vue Hydros

Squared's 29g reef

Squared

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:tears: My harlequin shrimp died today. I noticed something was a little off last night with my female. So I did some quick water testing, and this is what I got:

Ph: 8.0-8.2

Kh: 8-9

ammonia: near 0

nitrite: near 0

nitrate: near 0

salinity: 1.023

My diagnosis...they were old. -_- . When I bought them they were pretty large, and havn't grown a signifigant amount in the time I had them; they were monsters compared to the tiny ones I see at fish stores. But I enjoyed them for almost a whole good year. May they rest in peace.

The pic in my sig will be a a kind of "memorial", you could say.

when moving the rocks to get the corpse out, i couldn't put it in the positon they were already in...so i had to re-do it a little...so i guess i need a new FTS.

:tears: My harlequin shrimp died today. I noticed something was a little off last night with my female. So I did some quick water testing, and this is what I got:

Ph: 8.0-8.2

Kh: 8-9

ammonia: near 0

nitrite: near 0

nitrate: near 0

salinity: 1.023

My diagnosis...they were old. -_- . When I bought them they were pretty large, and havn't grown a signifigant amount in the time I had them; they were monsters compared to the tiny ones I see at fish stores. But I enjoyed them for almost a whole good year. May they rest in peace.

edit: the male is actually still in his death bed...

That is so beat dude. Sorry for the loss.

Yeah it sucks...

But I looks like you did link to your thread...now that wasn't so hard, was it? :lol:

and now it will be easier for me to check out your tank.

What's really deprssing is that he died with his right claw on female's corpse...

he's missing his left claw, I heard snapping last night so i guess my pistol must have been trying to pic the dying shirmp offf...

So i guess I'll go bury them...i have a fish "burial ground" out in my back yard lol.

That sucks man. I was reading you and jeffro going back and forth last night about them. Major bummer

I'll definatly keep another pair some day. But not anytime soon, don't have enough cash, but I think for my next pair of shrimp I will want to try something different, maybe something with a less expensive diet.

I'll definatly keep another pair some day. But not anytime soon, don't have enough cash, but I think for my next pair of shrimp I will want to try something different, maybe something with a less expensive diet.

At least you didn't have to worry about them eating your expensive corals. Sorry to hear about your loss.

Actually I never had a problem with a seastar escaping the grasp of my shrimp. They even ate all of thier last seastar before they died.

Nah...I think he would have take the copse inside his burrow.

Good point. Although I have read that being such a slow moving bright target. Halerquins most likely tast very bad and most animals won't mess with them because of that. It's another form of natural protection. Ex dart frogs and there poison and toads with foul tasting secretions.

It's just odd they both died together. I mean unless it was suicide. I would actualy think that the female could possibly eat a male at death.

That's not very nice, Mr. Circled. :P:lol:

Sooo, how'd the gumbo taste? :lol::o:lol::o:lol::o

You can ask the sea star. It actually tried to eat the corpse. :o . But I put it back in fuge befor it could escape and eat my corals. (i put the corpse and dying shrimp in a plastic box in the tank, so I could bury them later after school).

Archived