Coral Vue Hydros

Squared's 29g reef

Squared

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oooh Lolita. Glad you named when young. Otherwise I mite wonder???

I name my fish too. But I can't post some of their names.

:eek: . are they :naughtydance: or something?

Nice Midas Blenny :)

Thanks! Can't wait till you get some fish for your tank. Are you considering harlequins for your tank, by any chance?

animalmaster6

Possibly. I don't really want to feed them starfish. That's the problem. Maybe Bumblebee Shrimp instead :)

There will definetly be predominantly small inverts and gobies.

Georgina? :P

Funny thing, I only name some of my fish. Well, all of them have names, I just don't use them for some, like my clowns are just "the clownfish" but my YCG is Sunshine(named after my aunt's dog actually, and he's a very bright yellow) :lol:

AM:

I felt guilty when I first got them and fed them the sea stars -_- . But I got used to it because I realize it is little different than feeding mysis to your fish or eating a chicken sandwhich.

You should still think about them, they are really neat. Buying seastars does get a little expensive, but really, it's not that bad.

I don't really name my fish either, and when I try too, well, I'm pretty bad at naming fish...Doggy... :lol: .

That's fine then. There are plenty of other neat inverts.

Quick math: $5-$7 per choc chip sea star, shrimp eat 2-3 stars a month...that's about $120-$252 a year. And I have had the shrimp for almost a year. :o that is way more expensive than I thought... but they are worth it :D .

Why not chop the stars instead of buying new every time?

Also, your torch is about to explode. Send it to me so that I can make it safe again. ;):lol:

Stars don't grow their legs back fast enough to keep up the shrimp's almost endless apatite.

I think I will keep my torch, see how big it gets before it explodes.

Ooh I pay 4$ a pop for a decent sized one. My boy Greg at my lfs buys on bulk and keeps the pretty ones for peoples displays. All the rest are chow for harlequins. I pick up like 5 at a time with my 80+ gal of water. The more often I go there the more I spend. 00

O

You are correct right about a been a year. Worth it to me. +1 these shrimp eat quicker than a star can regrow a limb. I'm lucky to have a 20l sump to keep em in. When I had my biocube up that's all I could do as well.

Here are some not-blenny-related pics:

tentacoolz

100_4072.JPG

this head is splitting, you can see if you look closely

100_4073.JPG

looks like a clown and nem pic

100_4074.JPG

but the clown actually likes to host this sometimes

100_4075.JPG

fuzzy peppermint pic

100_4076.JPG

i would like this shroom to take over the space underneath the torch

100_4077.JPG

shrimp and goby

100_4078.JPG

i think this guy is growing pretty nicely

100_4079.JPG

I can't wait for my girl to come home she just got a cannon t2i!! I'll put some good pics up when that happens.

Great shots by the way. I enjoyed them.

it is simple. create a thread, first of all. Then copy the web address atop the home page. go to usercp, edit signature. use the icon of a plus sign to paste the web address. then give it a name.

Archived