Top Shelf Aquatics

--------February Update--------

Acoustic

My 10 gallon is now 3 months old. Before you post it.......I know I have hair algae. But it is under control. Here are the new photos:

Front View

--------------

Reefer_Buddha

i have some hair algae in my tank its mixed in with feather caulerpa on my lr. I just leave it there and trim it, it helps out my pod population along with a fuge. Nice lookin tank. I like the black sand no matter what other people say about it lookin like an ashtray. Good job.

Tanks Specs

------------------

Dual 36 watt PC lights

Prizm Skimmer with DIY carbon sleeve

3.5" deep black calcite sand bed

15 pounds live rock

Clean-up Crew

-------------------

1 Zebra Hermit Crab

1 Turbo Snail

3 Nessarius Snails

1 Certh Snail

1 Peppermint shrimp

1 Lettuce Nudibranch

and 1 yellow clown goby for fun!!!!!

Sweet tank acoustic,ive been watching this one since the start! I am starting up or sorry restarting one of my reefs with black sand from inspiration from this tank.

i agree, it is a sweet setup...i used to use the black sand as well, but decided to go with the white this time...my next one will probably be the black again, just because it looks so clean (like yours) and really helps bring out the colors of the inverts, corals, and such...very nice!

One of the Gobies.........Gobe Bryant.......tried to pull a Nemo and went into my overflow and got stuck in a valve. There is no overflow anymore because of this incident.

In addition to excellent nutrient management this is why I have the hair algae under control:

your xenia is beautiful everytime i see it. It gives your tank a softer, more natural look. It also has killer form. I love how it flows vertically on that rock. Way sexy.

ninhsavestheday

that nudi is tizzit! but what happens when it dicides to blow..

oh.. acoustic, how are you dealing with your red alage problem? mines going crazy in my fuge and its spreading into my tank.

I don't have any red algae in my tank amazingly enough because that seems to be my turbo snails food of choice.

When my nudibranch eats all of the algae I will give it to another member in need.

amazing! stunning!

I love the fact that you have so little rock, and your tank looks soo natural & peaceful

I wish I had a kitchen nook that I could do a 3 sided tank like that.

• 5 months later...

Archived