SaltCritters.com

¡... Da'Tank ...!

xgame2k

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That guy is amazing!

I need to get a school of them some day.

yezzir.

-the strawberry shortcake was all white this morning (very bummed, but they said they will hook the next order up). everything else is open and healthy.

-cosmic aquatics order is looking ok (water was 63ºF)

• 3 weeks later...

can you tell me roughly what the distance is between the cree led's and the plastic cover? Wondering if I can keep the stock moonlights without modding them.

can you tell me roughly what the distance is between the cree led's and the plastic cover? Wondering if I can keep the stock moonlights without modding them.

I know right! ha. I don't want to spend another $50 if i don't have to.

It's about 1".

I know right! ha. I don't want to spend another $50 if i don't have to.

It's about 1".

HAHA, I hear ya, every time I travel I end up buying a new cell phone charger, for some reason I can't remember to unplug it from the wall of the hotel before I leave.

How do you like your lights? I'm deciding between the CREE's and the edisons. any thoughts? Just thought the CREE's would give me more room to mount the moonlights

word.

crees are the best, so that's what i got. the par is around 400 up top at 50%, so i could have gotten away with 24, but i have more coverage.

if i did it again, i would have went with 10 RB's and 10 420nm's for Nanotuners/Nanocustoms (instead of just RB's)

word.

crees are the best, so that's what i got. the par is around 400 up top at 50%, so i could have gotten away with 24, but i have more coverage.

if i did it again, i would have went with 10 RB's and 10 420nm's for Nanotuners/Nanocustoms.

Why would you go that direction? Would it produce a more realistic color?

better for the coral (it's too complicated to explain in depth right now, do a search on the 420nm's). blues/violets make them more unrealistic (look better).

• 2 weeks later...

update:

-sexy corals order should "finally" get here this week (they care about their coral)

-found my camera charger, so pix will come soon

-should be adding coral to the tank this week, after i get a par meter again

-just picked up 3 aioliops megastigma (mini darts) today from the lfs (Reef Culture)

did and some punk gave me way too much! :bowdown:

________________________________________________________________________________

this was my sc order that came in this morning.............................

and since his blue urine sps frags were brown right now, he sent me a frag of the brown urine, 2 rasta zoa's, 3 RPE palys and a mayan sun favia.

-the red grinch sps frag is ridiculously big for what i was expecting and the FT is insane

Archived