Laura's 15 Gallon *rimmed*

JerseyChick

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glass lid that I designed...

120.jpg

My *FAVORITE* snail EVERRRR!!!!!

(cleans everything... makes all my other snails except the nassarius and the turbo useless- like all I need in my tank is my one turbo, two leopard nassarius and this guy and thats ALL)

144.jpg

and snack food for the next two weeks (I daily sprinkle a tiny amount of artemia)

127.jpg

Hmmm do you have a light on that tank?

LMAO ~ yes smarty pants. I have a 20 inch Sunpod 70watt metal halide and it has 3 blue led's and 3 white led's on each side of the halide. I had to expand the legs of it to fit this tank with shelf brackets.

However I do want to switch over to LED's the halide noise is driving me batty. I hate the sound of cooling fans.

Do you want pictures A?

Nah, I remember seeing the brackets you made... I was just giving you a hard time since it looks like your latest pictures came after lights out!

I can't wait to get back home and start working on the 40!! I have a new camera waiting for me so I'll try to go picture crazy!

I bought a yellow plate tonight, a rbta and an additional pistol shrimp (red and white striped)

also AC70 is on, up and running. I love it.

pics to come soon

I believe only one green hitcher survived the cycle. I have been hearing snapping but not tons. So the one green hitcher and now my red dude. two... wish I had more tho

Aw that stinks! I wish I had one! I keep toying between getting one and not getting one. I am definitely getting a jawfish though so I don't know how they will interact and I'd rather not wake up to a complete disaster each morning because I have jawfish and pistol shrimp rearranging everything!

How's Meatball and co.?

I need to start treating Meatball for the skin disorder where they get itchy and the skin starts whitening and falling off. Formadehyde treatments to start in am, god I hope I can catch him, so far he's the only one showing any signs and did have it once before but I treated it back in 09. Please wish me luck and a second success with alleviating the disorder. (the name is totally escaping my mind at the moment)

the anemone is AMAZING! attached in the front of the tank in a beautiful spot that I would have attached it if I had the choice in picking. Also fully expanded it is like 7 inches edge to edge :)

Sorry to hear about Meatball! I hope for quick and positive results!

And awesome one the 'nem. I am thinking I am going to try one when I get the 40 up and going!

meatball is no longer scratching his body on the rocks and the damaged whiter area is definately showing improvement... YAY for formalin/formaldehyde dips

Awesome! I didn't know you could dip them in formaldehyde. Hell I don't even know where to get formaldehyde.

Glad the big ball of meat is doing alright though.

• 1 month later...
JerseyChick

Ok my friends, Snowflake the picasso-ish looking fish died a week after my beloved kitty cat Buddy passed.

All tank occupants are doing well, and my plate coral is trying to migrate itself towards the back of the tank and looks like double its size and is literally ten times higher than it normally is. Normally is flesh right next to the skeleton, now its over an inch and a half expanded up and away

JerseyChick

Thank you, I am currently not adding anything to the tank for (lack of) money issues. Keeping up on my vaccuums water changes and feedings tho. Still can't get over how many hith crabs are in this thing AND I keep finding new teeny tiny ones

That's because they the larger ones are bumping uglies and making new ones. You better not be avoiding pictures. You know what they say.... "Pics or it didn't happen!"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
JerseyChick

I bought an illumagic LED today. holy crap, this thing is AWESOME

(my three year old sunpod's ballast exploded today and caused much interior damage to the light, luckily not the tank)

soooo.... since I was debating LED's I chose the illumagic (but with manual controls) its just super cool. need to take a video for you guys!! (tank is pretty barren tho) besides my fishes and halide bulb was aging so have slight diatoms on my rock

Archived