Pod Your Reef

Laura's 15 Gallon *rimmed*

JerseyChick

yeah stomatellas are sweet.

i work at a pet store so i save them all when i am cleaning the tanks and bring them home :) one day i brought home a couple doz of them and like 15 mini turbos :)

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yeah stomatellas are sweet.

i work at a pet store so i save them all when i am cleaning the tanks and bring them home :) one day i brought home a couple doz of them and like 15 mini turbos :)

NICE! I am jealous :)

Mr. Microscope, I actually was pretty unhappy with the AC110, the spray was ridiculous and salt was over EVERYTHING even remotely near the tank as well as the flow being too much.

I currently have a AC30 on the rear with live rock and some carbon, I have a hydor nano on the rear left side of the tank pointed toward the middle and a Hydor 1 on the right side next to the skimmer also pointed at the middle for cross current, but also upward to break the surface. I appologize for leaving that update out.

I will gladly post up some photo's for you during the next week. Hopefully lil urchin dude comes out (seems to be a creature of the night and LOVES it's lil burrowed cave)

Yeah that was a good 10 ish days ago. The first night it attached itself to the rock, Its a tiny lil thing (less than 2 inches) that loves DT's Phyto plankton.

Well, I am getting a small dark brown diatom bloom on my sand bed... I believe it is from too many lighting hours and slight overfeeding.

I am going to do a 3.5 gallon water/vacuum job later today and adjust my lighting schedule down significantly.

Wish me luck :) (could be worse it could be cyano)

Mr. Microscope

Killer mushroom! What the heck is it? I've never seen one like that. It would probably look amazing under some actinics or RB LED's.

It looks like you're stocked on fish. I wouldn't add anymore. I'm no fish expert, but I've read that psudos and grammas can be trouble. Keep an eye on that purple guy. Also, what kind of fish is that yellow one? Some sort of anthius? Looks like it could get really big. I could be way off though.

I think you may have jumped the gun on the clam. They need extremely stable systems. Most people don't add them until their tanks are fully matured. Though I'm glad to read you're using a high quality phyto. Watch the DT's. I've heard it can go bad fast. Good luck. If there's one hobby where the rules should be pushed, it's reefing.

"D'oh!" on the diatoms. I big water change should help.

My task list for today is get 3.5 gallons salted water PH adjusted and warmed up, vacuum diligently. Add new water, test calcium a few hours after change (maybe one or two) then adjust calcium to 460ish, 15 drops of dt phytoplankton. feed my fishes 1/2 cube defrosted mysis. then stare at tank for a good hour from my recliner while daydreaming about anything I choose :)

~ I don't know what kind of mushroom it is either, but this guy as I said earlier could totally take over my tank and I wouldn't mind (I would also like to announce that mushroom is now a mommy... baby is currently reddish purple and the size of a pencil tip eraser with a blue mouth and a few blue speckles)

I intend to start "cycling" this one out... Am debating trading my anthias and pseudocromis for another true perc so I also can start breeding babies, but as of now this is just one of the thought processes going thru my brain...

Any ideas, thoughts or opinions are welcome...

(not actually gonna attempt this for another good two months ish tho)

post-37200-1293981499_thumb.jpg

Did some serious thinking and decided the fridmani and the bartlett anthias were just a cruel and selfish idea for me to keep in my tank, so I brought them to my local fish store.

I did replace them with one percula clown which has seemingly *instantly* paired with my other clown I have had for two years.

Athough I know this one is labeled as a true perc, It kinda reminds me of a like class 3 picasso, (beaautiful in my opinion)

post-37200-1294489482_thumb.jpg

I am ordering a custom piece of glass to make my own cover (with the help of the glass store) Did same with my biocube and was very happy with a custom piece, such low evaporation rate this way and cheap (under 20 dollars)

yay for clown fish! I love them! Soooo much personality!

The older one (the one with more black) has gotten SOOO fat since the addition of the new one! literally looks pregnant but I highly doubt they would start this quickly it hasn't even been two weeks and I think the newest one (the one my daughter calls Rosey) is way to young to even fertilize if Meatball were to lay anything.

lol Meatball is definately living up to her name! She totally looks like one!

very nice tank i also have a 15 gal that ive got to get pics of up.

I would love to see yours!

and Coastie... Meatball is no longer a girl, I now have 3 clownfish (thanks to a friend who was gonna frezer her since they were downing the tank...) new one is named momma and without exxageration she is way over 3 inches long and beautiful estimated to be 4 years old and a survivor of two power failures.

I am now fully stocked on fish for umm... forever

Rosey is renamed to Little Snowflake, and Meatball is still Meatball

Silly Coastie... (I will get a picture up for you, there is no way my two originals could ever catch up to Momma to take over as the tank female... EVER)

Boys are

My onyx percula is Meatball

My "b class" picasso is Little Snowflake

Female is

NEW huge one that we adopted is "Momma" <-- Momma is the one that is way over 3 inches in length

and yes my daughter does have a touch of mild sarcasm LOL

Archived