SaltCritters.com

Laura's 15 Gallon *rimmed*

JerseyChick

Ac110 is huge. I'd personally go with a ac70.

In my ac70, I have my heater & poly fill in the first chamber. In the second chamber I have a bag of purigen, full unit of chemipure, & a tennis ball size of cheato.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

on the positive side you could put your pistol shrimp in there and not have to worry about the compatibility issues with your remaining livestock.

my tank is with a rim... everyone does rimless, but I like rimm*ED*

the 110 is to serve as a pump and fuge with live rock rubble, chaeto, filter floss, house the skimmer, house the heater and house my less desirables. I intentionally got this one for depth purposes. as well as a home "environment" for any lil nasties.

I am also getting a clear lid cut / maybe doing myself to prevent any evap issues with hole/opening for the skimmer

I may lean towards finding a respectable established home for my eel goby... even tho I love my Guido

Still working on a logical idea to expand my sunpods legs another 4 inches. Boo no extensions available thank goodness for home depot

I probably will, I have access to a lot of tools (in the event my dremel isn't able too pull it off)

No comments on any pics Coastie?

I think your tank looks pretty damn good!

I keep thinking that it looks kinda like the waterfall in the picture is pouring down into your tank :D

Yeah the Havasu Falls picture is the reason I wanted that background for the tank... granted there really arent reefs in the grand canyon... cool thoughts LOL I dream a lot and like imagining

~~ what confuses me is the amount of dark skimmate the skimmer is collecting.

* I am also up to TWO pistol shrimps YAY!

Because of you I almost ordered some uncured live rock... I couldn't turn down the reefcleaners deal on dry rock though so I scooped up 30 lbs of that :o

I am hoping to use that to rescape my 25 and change up the scape in the 15 a bit. woo hoo!

ANNNDDD>>>>> we now have a diatom bloom as of today :blush: my baby is maturing so quick

Oh and coastie.... my rock is uncured "jaccardi" (not sure of the spelling)

You can't say that!!!! I almost did... But I am being 'sponsible and doing it the cost efficient way

29 gallon from a 25...... doesn't sound like much of an upgrade but it gives me 6" of extra floor space.

But if you are just gonna upgrade again in a month or so, its less traumatic on your reef and will save you the cost of a 29 tank. in the long run its only a few extra gallons of water changes a week.

(just playing devils advocate)

Nahhhh the 29 is it until I am a little more permanent.... Then itll be 55+ gallons

ILL HAVE A TANG!

Jerseychick... Ive been drinking wanna make out?

Sooo I dremeled one of the clamp props/legs for the sumpod and attached a 5 inch wall bracket to use as the other stand since my 20 sunpods legs wouldn't stretch, did a 4 gallon water changed and vaccuumed out some of the mystery poop. ( I LOVE my dremel... LOL holy awesomeness )

I even tho I am still upset abooout having to do so, added ONE orage grazer trochus snail (to keep sand bed stirred up so the skimmer and filter can suck up some poop ~ literally I have an insane amount of mistery poo)

Leopold the orange spotted trochus snail appears happy and is burrowing away and is just all over the place in here. The AC110 hasn't arrived yet, but I will be modding it as Kraylen did in his fantastic mod thread.

The trochus is sooooo beautiful, I even added one to my biocube. I have the 6 blue led's on 24/7 the 6 white led's on from 10am to 10pm and the metal halide (I have a 70watt in mine? go figure but anyway that is scheduled from noon till 745 pm.

Two tests were done and all they are is my salinity is 1.024 and the ph is 8.2/8.3

It will remain untouched I promise from now to 2011 now that I have a poop stirrer upper. (Leopold)

** but seriously where is all this ka ka coming from OH MY GOSH it's a LOT! **

No fish that I have intentionally put in there or even observed... but who knows what else is creepin around in godzilla rock ~ yes tons of poop and I mean a LOT

long skinny embroidery floss size grey long turds... everywhere every morning

Everything poops Jersey. And you have a lot of hitchhickers from Godzilla.

And that snail is gorgeous! I don't think it is a trochus, as they have a pyramid type shell and eat on the rocks and glass. I think that is a variety of nassarius. Just FYI.

It was sold to me as a leopard nassarius, however the only google image i could find had it linked to the above name.

I believe I also just spotted a mini greenish reddish mantis :'( and i found two small black crab shell debris (not shed) before.

WHY THE HELL ISN'T MY TANK MAKING CLICK CLICK NOISES... LOL

as long as the mantis doesn't eat my pistol

I have had saltwater tanks for years but never during any cycle have I ever seen turds (embroidery floss/ the #### kids use for friendship bracelets) thickness and over an inch length in a solid piece. ALL over every cave alcove. it's crrraaaazzzzzy LOL

Archived