Rehype

Hypes Archipelago

J-Ranko
turning off the pumps usually works too. :P

I know. but you still get the reflection and glare from the lights without the acrylic box. B)

Rehype
Thats exactly what i was thinking. they would love that tank. You should do a goby shrimp pair, they would have a labrynth in this tank lol.

Yea i would love to do a shrimp goby pair but i really would like to leave to leave the top open

maybe a mangrove or two? :happy:

Yep i kept one of my mangroves although not sure if im going to keep it in the display or in the fuge..Im not sure if it distracts from the main tank or not. not to mention my sandbed is way too shallow

Edited by Rehype

jgpico

I heard that once the shrimp and goby pair the goby is less likely to leave the den and jump but either way it would be a gamble. what about a scooter blenny or something like that i have never seen one of those fish leave the bottom of the tank.

Rehype

Yea that is true my ive had pairs in the past and they never jumped but ive never had a tank as shallow as this one with shrimp gobies. Well i already have an ora mandarin im going to add to the setup although im scared for him as well since he jumps when spooked <_<

J-Ranko
Yea that is true my ive had pairs in the past and they never jumped but ive never had a tank as shallow as this one with shrimp gobies. Well i already have an ora mandarin im going to add to the setup although im scared for him as well since he jumps when spooked <_<

Fish jumping off is a risk you're gonna have to live with if you want a topless tank, no matter what species you keep. Personally, I don't mind taking that chance. My wrasse hasn't shown any tendency to jump when spooked, and neither has my clown since I've had them. (With that said, I probably just jinxed myself. :lol:)

jgpico
Fish jumping off is a risk you're gonna have to live with if you want a topless tank, no matter what species you keep. Personally, I don't mind taking that chance. My wrasse hasn't shown any tendency to jump when spooked, and neither has my clown since I've had them. (With that said, I probably just jinxed myself. :lol:)

better put a top on your tank lol!

Rehype

Well i finally finished transferring everything over. This is my initial aquascape i plan to add a few more rocks but they are currently cycling so i have to wait for a while. At any rate my seahorse seems to have taken a liking to the new space.. :D

5193806784_496c54c48b_z.jpg

My new fave pic...

5193806742_3cf2eaa3a8_z.jpg

• Like 1

animalmaster6

I love the aquascape!!!

Looks awesome Rehype!

That seahorse pic is awesome, sounds like the seahorse is having ag reat time :happy:

everl0ng

that is beautiful. a real piece of art. i love when tanks have a good amount of negative space. well done, my friend. well done.

mdannyg

very dramatic! the sunlight looks awesome in that shot too. that seahorse has got it made.

n0rk

Dude, that looks so sweet.

Rehype
I love the aquascape!!!

Looks awesome Rehype!

That seahorse pic is awesome, sounds like the seahorse is having ag reat time :happy:

Thanks animal. I'm not sure if I'm keeping her for the long term but I sure do adore her.

that is beautiful. a real piece of art. i love when tanks have a good amount of negative space. well done, my friend. well done.

Thanks alot man. I appreciate it :)

animalmaster6

She looks very healthy :)

Rehype
very dramatic! the sunlight looks awesome in that shot too. that seahorse has got it made.

Thanks Danny. It was tough getting the white balance right with two different light sources.

She looks very healthy :)

She eats like an absolute pig!

Dude, that looks so sweet.

Thanks alot nork

davidr2340

You never cease to amaze me...

Amazing!

:o

Rehype
You never cease to amaze me...

Amazing!

:o

:blush: thanks bro

patrickbush

Awesome dude.

J-Ranko
Well i finally finished transferring everything over. This is my initial aquascape i plan to add a few more rocks but they are currently cycling so i have to wait for a while. At any rate my seahorse seems to have taken a liking to the new space.. :D

5193806784_496c54c48b_z.jpg

:oomgomgomgB) It looks like an expansive scenery from a barren desert. Your scape is too awsome! :P It's almost like more rocks would ruin the look.

sandcruiser

looks beautiful

I'm curious to see the sump in operation-- are you running the bio-media (ceramic doodle thingies)?

why?

what is the clear smaller tank to the left of the sump? ATO? 'fuge?

I would expect evaporation to be an issue with so much surface area.... also heating could be demanding.

where did you end up putting the temp probe? wherever it is- I like it better than the front corner!

thanks for sharing, I'm looking forward to seeing progress pictures.

• Like 1

Rehype
Awesome dude.

Thanks pat

:oomgomgomgB) It looks like an expansive scenery from a barren desert. Your scape is too awsome! :P It's almost like more rocks would ruin the look.

Thanks j. Yea I kind of feel that way too but I'm hoping the way I have it visioned will still look good without being obtrusive. Well if it doesn't look good I'll jut take it out.

Rehype
looks beautiful

I'm curious to see the sump in operation-- are you running the bio-media (ceramic doodle thingies)?

why?

what is the clear smaller tank to the left of the sump? ATO? 'fuge?

I would expect evaporation to be an issue with so much surface area.... also heating could be demanding.

where did you end up putting the temp probe? wherever it is- I like it better than the front corner!

thanks for sharing, I'm looking forward to seeing progress pictures.

Thanks sc

Yep I'm using the biomedia for additional surface area for nitrifying bacteria. Especially since I don't have much live rock In the display. I plan to post some updated pics of the sump once I finish adding/rearranging equipment.

It's an Ato reservoir.

Evaporation isn't too bad although I'm sure it will pick up in the summer. I have a 250watt heater and I plan to add another as a backup

The temp probe is back in the sump where it should be. I only had it the display while I was testing the tank.

jgpico

um.......speechless.....this tank is looking awesome already and i know this isnt all you have up your sleeve. did you decide on some stocking plans or are you still just going with the flow?

MedRed

AMAZING SCAPE!

This should be TOTM already

damn is it shallow

Rehype
um.......speechless.....this tank is looking awesome already and i know this isnt all you have up your sleeve. did you decide on some stocking plans or are you still just going with the flow?

Thanks jp.Well i plan to add an anthias or two.Im still debating on which species though.

AMAZING SCAPE!

This should be TOTM already

damn is it shallow

Thanks man. Im a huge fan of your aquascape... Its really unique

Edited by Rehype

Mr. Microscope

Beautiful tank! What other stocking plans?

Edited by Mr. Microscope