Cultivated Reef

Hypes Archipelago

Rehype

Such an inspirational tank. Sad to see it go, but life does have a way of sorting things out. Thanks for sharing your journey! I'm now patiently waiting for your next build!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Such an inspirational tank. Sad to see it go, but life does have a way of sorting things out. Thanks for sharing your journey! I'm now patiently waiting for your next build!

Thanks so much clayton. Youve done an awesome job with your 60-F

I sincerely hope you continue to lurk and hang around!. You and your tank have been an inspiration for me.

Having said that, I'd love to see what you would do with a FW planted tank.

I sincerely hope you continue to lurk and hang around!. You and your tank have been an inspiration for me.

i have to agree. good to see the tank going to a really cool guy. brad will do you proud :D

• 2 weeks later...

hype - I was curious if you could share info on what your typical settings were on your camera for you full tank shots. I am struggling with getting crisp and clear photos of my nano tank. I'm using a Nikon D300 with a 100mm macro lens on a tripod, but am not sure which settings will result in the best images. Thanks for any info.

hype - I was curious if you could share info on what your typical settings were on your camera for you full tank shots. I am struggling with getting crisp and clear photos of my nano tank. I'm using a Nikon D300 with a 100mm macro lens on a tripod, but am not sure which settings will result in the best images. Thanks for any info.

What f stop and shutter speed are you using normally?

Im always checking in and Im definitely keeping track of that awesome build you have..truly awesome job man.

ninja.gifbiggrin.gif

brad will do you proud biggrin.gif

Im sure he willbiggrin.gif

Just check out jeremais thread and youll be getting better in shots in no time.

Oh there you are. :happydance:

Hope all is well with you, not having the tank is a lot less responsibility is it not? What do you miss the most? And what have you done or added or replaced in the area the tank used to be?

Happy holidays Eugene.

Im always checking in and Im definitely keeping track of that awesome build you have..truly awesome job man.

Thanks!!! That means a lot coming from you! :)

Oh there you are. happydance.gif

Hope all is well with you, not having the tank is a lot less responsibility is it not? What do you miss the most? And what have you done or added or replaced in the area the tank used to be?

Happy holidays Eugene.

Hey K smile.gif

Yea it feels good not having to do water changes lol. But I do miss the tranquility of looking at it every day. It was always a stress reliever. Ive found that building tanks is a form of expression for me especially since i dont draw or write(or anything else creative for that matter lol). I plan to put another desk where that tank was.

Well, your tank looked amazing before it went belly up.

Glad to see you stuck with it until the very bitter end.

Thanks TJ.

As any true reefer wouldwink.gif

Thanks!!! That means a lot coming from you! smile.gif

Your very welcome. keep it going bro..

Dead. Pretty sure it was supposed to go here

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=190521

Thanks for fixing the link brad.

Heres another good article on aquarium photography from advanced aquarist

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't sign up for long time bro, so sorry to hear that.I really need some advice on how to keep SPS as beauty as you did? I'll try to go on SPS way next project but have no idea about the equipment and water parameter. :wacko: I don't like to read and search in the internet so tell me all the secret, please :D

Didn't sign up for long time bro, so sorry to hear that.I really need some advice on how to keep SPS as beauty as you did? I'll try to go on SPS way next project but have no idea about the equipment and water parameter. :wacko: I don't like to read and search in the internet so tell me all the secret, please :D

Hey mm IMO the key to keeping healthy SPS is good lighting, diverse flow, excellent water parameters, and stability.

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats on the Reef Central tank of the month nod. Quite the accomplishment considering it's unfortunate crash.

Thanks alot dan. Im really grateful they still featured it considering the circumstances. Not to mention nanos are rarely nominated. Its really is an awesome sendoff.

• Like 1
  • 7 months later...
llama roadkill
So i finally got around to setting up my new tank. As some of you know i recently broke down the ADA to migrate to this setup. I purchased the tank from chris over at Pico Aquariums. Dont hesitate to buy from chris hes a great guy and does some really good work. Heres a pic that chris took that sold me on the tank.I still havent finished setting the tank up im still leak testing and making water(which i forgot takes forever).. I should be done by sometime tomorrow.Pic of the sump4959307622_4ca07ddcfb_z.jpgComing Along..Cube_2.jpgCube.jpg5193806784_496c54c48b_z.jpg5443495476_6f9b6b4a9b_b.jpgFTS-1.jpg6034895821_474876fcd3_b.jpg6348930659_ff2f8f1da1_b.jpg6556067581_8e273191e7_b.jpg6912453495_72ac8b3ed1_z.jpg

What are the dims? i just checked out this thread and it is AWESOME! I'm sorry, I bet I missed it.

Archived