Top Shelf Aquatics

Hypes Archipelago

Rehype

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Almost 2 years...Well just do your homework on the species youd like to keep and adjust your tank in a way to accommodate their behavior and feeding habits. Nah i feed them at different times of the day.

Always do my homework :). Just I've always thought Seahorses were not generally compatible with most fish. The clowns are getting moved to a Anemone-clown biotope. So the main tank will be Mandarin, Suntail Goby, Gold Assessor, and Helfrich's Firefish. Not many people seem to go with the combo I have so it would be a hard tell as far as compatibility I think.

Always do my homework :) . Just I've always thought Seahorses were not generally compatible with most fish. The clowns are getting moved to a Anemone-clown biotope. So the main tank will be Mandarin, Suntail Goby, Gold Assessor, and Helfrich's Firefish. Not many people seem to go with the combo I have so it would be a hard tell as far as compatibility I think.

Most of the time it just comes down to making sure your horse isnt getting outcompeted for food or getting harassed by tankmates. Your fish list is peaceful enough so just making sure your horse gets enough to eat will be the task at hand. Also making sure you dont have stinging corals that could sting and kill your horse.

I gotcha. I target feed the mandarin - so I could manage a horse I think also. Hmm guess the frogspawn would need to get moved too then. What temp do you run your tank at?

OK thanks hype. Think that is my only stinging coral unless acans or duncans count.

Acans count as well but my horse has learned to stay away from them however your experience could differ...

Hi Rehype, awesome tank, really lovely.. i'm trying to do something similar. got a couple questions:

- in the first post we see the tank with an egg crate in it, did you use it?? or is it just sand??

- probably i've just missed them, could we have a couple of pics: 1 a shot down of the rock work of the whole tank, 1 a pic of the sump in use as far as now and 3 a pic of the stand

the pic of the yasha is definitely a winner! awesome!! with what camera did you take it?

thanks and compliments again, hope to not bother you too much with my requests

Hi Rehype, awesome tank, really lovely.. i'm trying to do something similar. got a couple questions:

- in the first post we see the tank with an egg crate in it, did you use it?? or is it just sand??

- probably i've just missed them, could we have a couple of pics: 1 a shot down of the rock work of the whole tank, 1 a pic of the sump in use as far as now and 3 a pic of the stand

the pic of the yasha is definitely a winner! awesome!! with what camera did you take it?

thanks and compliments again, hope to not bother you too much with my requests

Thanks alot for the complements.

I never used the eggcrate it just came with the tank.

I have pics of all thoroughout the thread but ill dig through and find them for you.

Thanks again it was taken with my Canon 60D.

After seeing your amphipod pic, I realized I haven't seen an amphipod in ages. I think my Basslets keep their population down, especially since they are active at night.

How do you like the carrot coral? I thought about getting one after seeing it featured on reefbuilders, but couldn't find one.

altolamprologus
Carrot Coral

6776180034_5d44419abd_z.jpg

Is that NPS? I did a google search before asking, but google seems to think the "coral" part of "carrot coral" is irrelevent :rolleyes:

After seeing your amphipod pic, I realized I haven't seen an amphipod in ages. I think my Basslets keep their population down, especially since they are active at night.

How do you like the carrot coral? I thought about getting one after seeing it featured on reefbuilders, but couldn't find one.

Yea i only see them in my fuge as my wrasse and seahorse take care of any that make it to the display.

Its a small frag but its pretty cool when its fully opened.

Looking great Hype... It always looks great! Love the pic of the Carrot Coral.

Jon...

Thanks alot john i appreciate it.

Is that NPS? I did a google search before asking, but google seems to think the "coral" part of "carrot coral" is irrelevent rolleyes.gif

Yes it is. Theres not many pics out there.I read about them on reefbuilders

Your tank is amazing!

Thanks alot gjones

Thanks. If my dendronepthya keeps doing well I might have to get one:)

How is your doing hype? And how long have you had it?

Ive only had it for 2 weeks but so far so good. Its opens only at night

Archived