SaltCritters.com

Live Rock Ranch

Lalani

Go with someone reliable....

Highly recommend Premium Aquatics in Indianapolis. I made the drive from chicago to get LR and LS. I picked and shaped my own aquascape. Well worth it.

Weetabix7
Go with someone reliable....

Highly recommend Premium Aquatics in Indianapolis. I made the drive from chicago to get LR and LS. I picked and shaped my own aquascape. Well worth it.

What kind did you end up getting?

I saw a video of some of their rock on youtube the other day and it looked AMAZING!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I ordered 50 lbs of "premium, hand picked" live rock from LRR about 3 weeks ago. I didn't receive any tracking info, so I emailed a request for tracking info. Got tracking info 4 days later and received the order after another 4 days. The rock arrived in a flimsy box with the rock double bagged. I'm not sure what "hot pack" is but all I got in the box was the double bagged rock and some loose packing.

The rock was very disappointing. It was full of decaying roots and such. It smelled awful.

I essentially got 4 pieces of rock. 1 piece was the bulk of the weight though, about 35 lbs. Not porous at all. Just 1 huge hunk of limestone. The 2nd biggest piece was not very interesting, but more porous. The 2 smallest pieces were nice, but made up only about 3 lbs. of my order.

I subsequently sent a complaint email to LRR and have not received a response.

I feel like I wasted $180. I have since tried to break the big solid piece down, but essentially it turns into powder.

Buyer beware.

Archived