ReefCleaners.org

Live Rock Ranch

Lalani

• 3 weeks later...

Yea I got some live rock from them 2 weeks ago and it was actually pretty nice. Pretty cool shapes and quite a bit of growth. I am still finding and seeing new things on the rock as the days go by. Quite a bit of purple and other colors on them.

• 1 month later...

I just ordered 35lbs of premium rock from these guys 2 days ago... I received my confirmation email when the order was placed, nothing about tracking or anything yet... I called, and emailed, and they haven't answered..

What's the scoop on these guys? Was your experience the same as mine?

Looking for some cheap dry rock with a little live rock sprinkled in and this place has a 50lb. combo pack for $135 shipped.. Just wondering if anybody had experience with this website: http://www.liverockranch.com

Thanky :flower:

any one remember the site justliverock.com? it was exactly the same site the only difference was he changed the name. i remember bad reviews on the rock tho.. so buyer beware

bad

bad

I have placed a few orders with John at reefcleaners for dry rock - told him the size and shapes I was looking for and I've always been more than happy with what he sends.

any one remember the site justliverock.com? it was exactly the same site the only difference was he changed the name. i remember bad reviews on the rock tho.. so buyer beware

bad

bad

Now that you mention it, I knew I recognized that website. I guess someone should create a buyer beware warning?

I never did purchase from these guys.. I placed my order on Thursday, got my receipt in my email and nothing for.... 3-5 days.... Finally I really needed to get my tank started, so I scoped out a local LFS that had killer live rock for cheaper actually, so I went ahead and purchased...

I emailed LRR multiple times asking for shipping, called them, NOTHING! So I finally sent an email saying i wanted to cancel, and they called me hours later asking what the case was... So they finally refunded me my total a couple of days later, they were nice to me via email, and the experience concluded..

The liverock looks killer, but dealing with them is tough.

Yea I got some live rock from them 2 weeks ago and it was actually pretty nice. Pretty cool shapes and quite a bit of growth. I am still finding and seeing new things on the rock as the days go by. Quite a bit of purple and other colors on them.

There needs to be a waiting period before someone can post. First post is praising company, only other posts are in live rock threads, joined same day. Hmmm fishier than an LFS with decent prices.

• 4 weeks later...
wendytim2001

BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE. I purchased some rock from www.justliverock.com and they never sent any product. After calling 3 times, a guy called and said that he was going to send it the following week because of "bad weather." Never received it. Now they have changed their name to LiveRockRanch. Same company, different name. Complete scam!!!!!

I did more research to find the company was taking money and not sending product to dozens of people. I only found one positive comment about the company.

There was a string on another website where a parent put on there that they also took the money of there 15 year old son trying to build a saltwater tank.

I can't really say enough to discourage buying from this company. www.liverockranch.com aka www.justliverock.com

Buyer Beware.

TG

There needs to be a waiting period before someone can post. First post is praising company, only other posts are in live rock threads, joined same day. Hmmm fishier than an LFS with decent prices.
geckoman2003
BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE. I purchased some rock from www.justliverock.com and they never sent any product. After calling 3 times, a guy called and said that he was going to send it the following week because of "bad weather." Never received it. Now they have changed their name to LiveRockRanch. Same company, different name. Complete scam!!!!!

I did more research to find the company was taking money and not sending product to dozens of people. I only found one positive comment about the company.

There was a string on another website where a parent put on there that they also took the money of there 15 year old son trying to build a saltwater tank.

I can't really say enough to discourage buying from this company. www.liverockranch.com aka www.justliverock.com

Buyer Beware.

TG

Ok so I'm a little worried. I ordered Tuesday. I got my cofirmation email but no tracking number. So I sent several emails and a few phone calls. I finally got a return phone call from Roger. He asured me that my order would go out Monday and I could call him Tuesday for a tracking number. If he doesn't supply me with it on Tuesday, I will be stopping my order, and calling my bank to reverse the charges to my card.

So, I am one of those who buys first then looks at reviews later. Been 10 days waiting, first email back from them 5 days after the confirmation email was, it will ship out tomorrow. So, tomorrow musta never came, because I sent a mail again, trying to find out when they will ship it out. Where I live the weather one day can be below zero, and the next day 75. You can see the situation I am placed in when trying to coordinate a drop off date on a day with good weather, or just take the day off from work to wait.

His second response was it will ship out tomorrow. Well, today is tomorrow, and I am doubting it shipped. Think after I post this, I will call this clown and tell him to cancel.

What a way to run business. He must be a very busy man to just blow customers off.

geckoman2003
So, I am one of those who buys first then looks at reviews later. Been 10 days waiting, first email back from them 5 days after the confirmation email was, it will ship out tomorrow. So, tomorrow musta never came, because I sent a mail again, trying to find out when they will ship it out. Where I live the weather one day can be below zero, and the next day 75. You can see the situation I am placed in when trying to coordinate a drop off date on a day with good weather, or just take the day off from work to wait.

His second response was it will ship out tomorrow. Well, today is tomorrow, and I am doubting it shipped. Think after I post this, I will call this clown and tell him to cancel.

What a way to run business. He must be a very busy man to just blow customers off.

I got mine yesterday. Here are my thoughts.

Pros....ordered 15 lb nano pack -- got 17lbs, nice shapes and sizes, doubled bagged

Cons...ordered premium deco, but most of the deco life was dead, not insulation or heat packs in box, rock wasn't wrapped in wet news paper and no water in bag, Rock was covered in sand, only one encrusting sponge and 1 cup coral.

Did you get yours?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
wendytim2001

Finally after several emails and months passing, finally got the rock from www.liverockranch.com. Nothing like the pictures. White sandy rock with grass and weeds attached which look remarkably like the rock from sand flats. All edges were rounded implying the rock is from shallow areas. The picture on his website are nothing like the stuff he sent. It did weigh 35 lbs but definitely not worth the money.

Would not recommend this company!!!

carbon-mantis
Finally after several emails and months passing, finally got the rock from www.liverockranch.com. Nothing like the pictures. White sandy rock with grass and weeds attached which look remarkably like the rock from sand flats. All edges were rounded implying the rock is from shallow areas. The picture on his website are nothing like the stuff he sent. It did weigh 35 lbs but definitely not worth the money.

Are we talking terrestrial grass, or seagrass? Either way, considering Florida's laws on collecting things, sounds kinda fishy.

• 2 weeks later...
mastarinki@hotmail.com

I recently ordered some LR from Live Rock Ranch and am not disappointed with the professionalism of the company or the product I received.

I ordered 100lbs on Sunday 4-10-2011 and called Roger that same day to determine an approximate shipping date. He told me they had just retrieved 2500lbs a few days prior and would have it shipped in a day or two. I ordered with the standard shipping and received the rock on Thursday 4-14-2011. I live in South Carolina, and confirmed with Fedex that the shipping should be 48 hours. When I received it, the package was postmarked 4-12-2011. Initially I was a little concerned regarding the shipping time after reading some of these posts, but Roger kept his word.

The rock was shipped in two thick cardboard boxes and the combined weight was 109lbs. Inside, the rocks were double bagged with a thick black plastic sheet and zip-tied. The individual rocks were not wrapped in newspaper.

The rocks are of various shapes and sizes and yes there was plant life on many of them. They had certainly been recently retrieved from the ocean and needed a good cleaning. At first I was a little disappointed that that one rock weighing approximately 35 pounds, but a hammer and a chisel made quick work of it to create two semicircle sections that I think will create a great shelf at the base of the rock pile.

Some of the rocks look great, and others look to need a little more time in the water. All in all I am happy with my purchase. I am a week into curing them and look forward to seeing them in my new tank. See the attached pictures for a look.

Enjoy... and as this is a website for people with too much time on thier hands, I look forward to your criticizm of my camera work, taste and spelling errors.

Peace out!

post-36188-1303594900_thumb.jpg

post-36188-1303594914_thumb.jpg

post-36188-1303594920_thumb.jpg

post-36188-1303594931_thumb.jpg

post-36188-1303594941_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
paneubert

I will put in another vote for them being crap. I got a hell of a run around when I ordered from them back when I set up my tank. Rock was really, really, really crappy when it did actually show up.

1. I did not receive any info after ordering some sand and rock.

2. When I did get in touch days later, I was told that they would ship my rock and sand days apart from each other....but neither would ship for a few days from that point in time.

3. When I asked to cancel my order since it had no shipped yet, they told me it was too late for that.....even though nothing had been boxed or shipped yet.

4. When I finally gave in and asked for a tracking number, they went silent for DAYS. I disputed the charges on my credit card and that finally got the guy to send me a tracking number......rock came and looked crappy. Sand never came.

Boxing was HORRID. FexEx literally re-boxed the rock for me in one of their own boxes since the original fell apart. The box it was mailed in was a standard Home Depot moving box. Thin walls, crappy strength, etc....

This is 100000000% accurate. My rock was covered in sand, rounded, and had a massive clump of what I swear was a seagrass attached to one of the rocks....never thought about what that mean about the source.....

Archived