Innovative Marine Aquariums

46g Bow-front Reef.

Markushka

Upgrading already? You change tanks so fast.

A 165 will be awesome though. Is your family still going to be caring for it while you're away? Can't wait to hear your stocking plans.

lol yeah. just so happens that I got a good deal on it. But this is gonna be it for a while for sure. Right now i'll probably go FO until I can afford LR and lights.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just cleaned the 46 for the first time since spring break. damn there was a lot of coraline. I lost a few peices; my browned out SPS and most of my lunar zoas.

The red mushrooms in the tank have been growing like crazy and the ric in the back corner split off a mini ric. I have soo much caulerpa in this tank! I need a tang! There are too many aptasia too, both in this tank and in the Hex.

It looks like I lost both the peps I bought and the pom-pom :tears: The urchin spent all this time knocking over #### and ####### it off (I blame it for the loss of all the corals)

The question is now where to go from here? Seeing as I have that 165 waiting in the wings, I'm probably going to be breaking this tank down soon. I'll take some picks of the mess once it all settles down.

Well I guess its what I get for no maintenance lol. I may go Pretty much FOLWR with like softies and such. Corals are too demanding, and too expensive lately.

Well I guess its what I get for no maintenance lol. I may go Pretty much FOLWR with like softies and such. Corals are too demanding, and too expensive lately.

i hear yea

• 2 weeks later...

New pics..

new pics!!!!

FTS:

DSC_0006.JPG

feather dusters in the 46:

DSC_0028.JPG

DSC_0029.JPG

This is mah nem, whatchya looking at?

DSC_0030.JPG

I'ma cut you foo

DSC_0037.JPG

DSC_0055.JPG

Shrooms!

DSC_0059.JPG

:hiding:

DSC_0062.JPG

hammers:

DSC_0013.JPG

just chillin:

DSC_0041.JPG

Banggai:

DSC_0044.JPG

hiding:

DSC_0054.JPG

olo caulerpa....

DSC_0057.JPG

• 9 months later...

This tank still exists. Looks really different now, but I don't have any pics. Next time I'm home i'll take some. after I kill all the cyano on the sand bed!

• 2 weeks later...

Pics are in order, I cleaned the tank up a bit last night. I also just got the green light to get a 135g to replace this system :D

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Needreefunds
:(

good home tho,

Good. And you will be with one less headache for now. ;)

Another tank at another time I'm sure.

DSC_0379.JPG

Dismantling has begun :/ I should take one more pic with the lights on for old times sake.

The 46 Bowfront

01/01/2011 - 05/15/2012

Archived