Cultivated Reef

46g Bow-front Reef.

Markushka

yea i keep forgetting ur real close now! I am in Barrie, Ontario.. say about... 1- 1&1/2 hours northwest of Toronto. Yea let me know when exactly when the time comes -- we're plannin a trip to DISNEYWORLD come spring time.. lol.. WOOOOOOOOOO..... lol

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the only game ive played - black ops, I dont do consols usually.

richie did you consider hypertufa for the background? Doesn't erode as fast and a bit harder to mold into the desired shape, but that is what i'm gonna do because the roots can still dig in.

heres a link with the recipe

Thanks for the link. I really want the clay to work. I like the idea of being able to reshape it, add to it if need be. Also like that you can just tuck a snipping into the clay and it should take root.

That said though, I still have time to change my mind should the clay not work out the way I want.

Thanks for the link. I really want the clay to work. I like the idea of being able to reshape it, add to it if need be. Also like that you can just tuck a snipping into the clay and it should take root.

That said though, I still have time to change my mind should the clay not work out the way I want.

I like the tufa because it wont erode. I of course want some pretty fancy water features and the clay won;t withstand those. I wanted to do clay at first too. I may supplement the tufa with clay in parts tho. i think that would be cool.

Hey wilioli, sounds cool. I'll let you know if or rather when i'm in the neighborhood.

I like the tufa because it wont erode. I of course want some pretty fancy water features and the clay won;t withstand those. I wanted to do clay at first too. I may supplement the tufa with clay in parts tho. i think that would be cool.

I have a small water feature in the back left corner - typical yes lol. This area will have no clay and is outlined in foam to protect the clay area from running water.

Please let us see what you come up with- whenever that is. ;)

Dammit Richie- another highjacked thread! <_<

*sigh*

:happy:

I have a small water feature in the back left corner - typical yes lol. This area will have no clay and is outlined in foam to protect the clay area from running water.

Please let us see what you come up with- whenever that is. ;)

Dammit Richie- another highjacked thread! <_<

*sigh*

:happy:

It'll be a spring break project, hopefully, if my girl decides to lend a hand instead of distracting me. I'm thinking a two part waterfall right down the middle of the 20 long with a pool in the middle. I want it to be the focal point. should be fun. plus i've got a few special ideas in store too, they're top secret tho :P

It'll be a spring break project, hopefully, if my girl decides to lend a hand instead of distracting me. I'm thinking a two part waterfall right down the middle of the 20 long with a pool in the middle. I want it to be the focal point. should be fun. plus i've got a few special ideas in store too, they're top secret tho :P

oooo :ninja:

First of all, I love the :ninja: theme on this thread. Awesome! Secondly, girls lending a hand and waterfalls happen to be two of my favourite things! This is going to be great. Updates on a regular basis please! Ok you said spring break. Nevermind.

:ninja:

edit: can I put a :ninja: under my pic?

edit#2: nope, nevermind, I can't...

edit#3: yup, a third one... the ninja is in place

• 2 weeks later...

ok, new photos:

ALL TAKEN UNDER ACTINICS

2/19/2011

FTS:

DSC_0002-1.JPG

Brain:

DSC_0006-1.JPG

DSC_0116.JPG

Hammers:

DSC_0008-1.JPG

DSC_0106.JPG

Mushrooms:

DSC_0011.JPG

DSC_0057.JPG

nem and clown:

DSC_0014.JPG

nem no.2:

DSC_0015-1.JPG

clowns ####### off nem:

DSC_0017-1.JPG

Lunar eclipses? I really like these:

DSC_0025-1.JPG

DSC_0030-1.JPG

Banggai:

DSC_0043.JPG

Mushroom, caulepa and cloves:

DSC_0045-1.JPG

Top down, left side:

DSC_0090.JPG

DSC_0091.JPG

Top down, right side:

DSC_0113.JPG

DSC_0114.JPG

First of all, I love the :ninja: theme on this thread. Awesome! Secondly, girls lending a hand and waterfalls happen to be two of my favourite things! This is going to be great. Updates on a regular basis please! Ok you said spring break. Nevermind.

:ninja:

edit: can I put a :ninja: under my pic?

edit#2: nope, nevermind, I can't...

edit#3: yup, a third one... the ninja is in place

rofl, nice wilioli!

Your tank looks pretty good. That brain coral is huge btw!

thanks man, its by far my favorite piece in the tank.

looking good, but fix your damn white balance.

my mums shooting the pics, and they were all taken under actinics.

Its good to hear mom's getting into it, bet that makes life better. but was it suppose to be well not mom taking care of it.

Its good to hear mom's getting into it, bet that makes life better. but was it suppose to be well not mom taking care of it.

nah she was the one who volunteered. My sister was undecided, and my dad didn't want to have to do anything (yet he's still topping it off daily). Otherwise I would have sold it all a few months back,

I didn't get a chance to play with the herbie before i left so thats actually a full tank. I need to make the pre-filter box and that will be a summer project.

LOL For some reason I thought it was suppose to be you sisters responsibility. But it had gone the way all pets do when your a parent.

2/27/2011

FTS:

DSC_0010.JPG

Left:

DSC_0001.JPG

The nems are ####### each other off.

Centre:

DSC_0002.JPG

Time to kill the bryopsis again.

Right:

DSC_0003.JPG

Hammer: