Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

46g Bow-front Reef.

Markushka

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well the good part here is that you can slowly add to it. just start with one bag, then slowly sprinkle more as you can afford it. as long aas the sand is added slowly enough to not suffacate the bed you can add sand until the tank is full.

Good point. But my problem is that i'll only be able to add the sand when i'm home. I'll try to add as deep a sand bed as possible when I first start it out, because my next trip home will be spring break.

what is a good depth to aim for?

long term 5-6 inches with 6 being a little better, assuming that you use a fine grain oolite. like caribsea's aragamax or seachem's meridian. basically any aragonite with a grain size of 0.5-1.5mm. this increases the surface area compared to larger grains allowing for the bed to as affective with a lower depth. also improves calcification, while helping to prevent unnecessary nutrient build up. oolite tends to have a spherical shape adding in its functionality.

the main point is that it becomes biologically active with bugs & other fauna. this can be don with just a couple inches but becomes increasingly easier with greater depths, until a good anoxic zone forms.

the main point is that it becomes biologically active with bugs & other fauna. this can be don with just a couple inches but becomes increasingly easier with greater depths, until a good anoxic zone forms.

interesting.

ahhhg finals I'm going into hibernation mode. I think I need a ban till the 24th.

ahhhg finals I'm going into hibernation mode. I think I need a ban till the 24th.

more power to you -- im tryin to do the same and can't... ! I now study in front of nanoreef....

• 2 weeks later...
come on isn't dead week over by now. we need updates. Fine. But if you don't get A's there will be hell to pay.

Work begins today bitts. Going to drill the tanks now. the only thing I don't have is a camera, maybe I can find my brothers or sisters but the pics from those are crappy. Still it'd be better than none at all.

use your phone if you have too. Or we talk to your professors about your needing to repeat this semester.

My phone cant transfer pics to my computer. plus its crap anyway. I'll see what I can do otherwise you guys have to wait till the 30th.

I sorta wanna go get a fish today, I'm gonna go to the lfs and see if anything catches my fancy and if I can keep it.

they had nothing. at all. They did have a firefish, but it was 20$ and I wasn't keen on getting it.

but my brother left his camera at home, lets see if I can figure it out.

animalmaster6

Mark glad you're back!

I hate to say I couldn't save the angels :tears: I hand fed them boiled, mashed up peas by spoon for hours trying to save them from a swim bladder infection.

The Kuhli is doing fantastic.

go to home depot & get a couple sheets of replacement picture frame glass to practice on. there super thin & crack if you look at them the wrong way. the goal is to learn not to push.

Archived