Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

46g Bow-front Reef.

Markushka

hahahaha, I get stopped all the time at airports too. they always search me longer or interview me longer or something like that. I guess they don't like my style lol.

Oh I guess if they're reading this then I better not mention the nuclear fusion reactor i'm working on in the basement..

LMAO!!

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There has been some progress. Cleaned off most of the coralline from the glass w/ vinegar. Used a whole damn jug, and there are still some panes to finish. Going to get the hole(s) drilled next week. Also by executive order (mum said) the hex is staying up. It will be plumbed to the 46 and the 46's sump and will also be drilled soon.

gulfsurfer101

Nice. I am planning on a similar setup for my newest creation. I want to tie my 12'' cube into my 30g since that tank has a built in fuge and I run a skimmer double rated for both tanks combined. That way I can keep large clam for display in my cube or get a nem and not have to worry about it nuking my sps as it travels.

There has been some progress. Cleaned off most of the coralline from the glass w/ vinegar. Used a whole damn jug, and there are still some panes to finish. Going to get the hole(s) drilled next week. Also by executive order (mum said) the hex is staying up. It will be plumbed to the 46 and the 46's sump and will also be drilled soon.

Did you allow it to soak for a couple hours?

Did you allow it to soak for a couple hours?

over night actually, for each of the flat panes. so three nights... Its all off except the front pane.

Nice. I am planning on a similar setup for my newest creation. I want to tie my 12'' cube into my 30g since that tank has a built in fuge and I run a skimmer double rated for both tanks combined. That way I can keep large clam for display in my cube or get a nem and not have to worry about it nuking my sps as it travels.

That sounds really cool man! Though I thought that clams like dirtier water because they are filter feeders.

over night actually, for each of the flat panes. so three nights... Its all off except the front pane.

Sounds like the previous owner should have kept up on his tank husbandry. <_<

:happy:

Sounds like the previous owner should have kept up on his tank husbandry. <_<

:happy:

well some people like coralline backdrops....

You going to do a dorm pico or is college the end of Markushka's posting on here?

I'll do a dart frog viv in college, I dont think I could handle a reef in college.. I'll still be posting here tho..

Still no holes <_<. Its clean but no holes. THIS won't be another AM-style thread tho. THERE WILL BE WATER SOON! promise :flower:

and for AM :flower:, see ya tomorrow!

Still no holes <_<. Its clean but no holes. THIS won't be another AM-style thread tho. THERE WILL BE WATER SOON! promise :flower:

ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

animalmaster6

:lol:omgomgomg

I like your dead coralline algae. :flower:

:lol:omgomgomg

I like your dead coralline algae. :flower:

Its actually richies dead coralline, Its all gone now too :D

Do you have fish yet? I can still beat you!

so that would be jan 5 that the tank is wet. :P

mark have you decided on how your drilling the tank.

I want to do a herbie on the back wall since the bottom is tempered. I guess I'll go DSB in the tank and sump/fuge. I need to get more sand now :/

the one question is can mine be wet before AMs??? :D I'll start working on it again after I finish finals, so the 22nd or so.

ah sand. :)

since its being left at you rents, who I figure won't be moving any time soon. I would focus on the sand, think you'll be surprised by how well it's going to work for them. if its set up right. lol like thats going to be a problem.

you know you should play nice & not post about it being up, until the day after his is wet. he really has been working hard on it & gotten nothing but grief for his efforts.

ah sand. :)

since its being left at you rents, who I figure won't be moving any time soon. I would focus on the sand, think you'll be surprised by how well it's going to work for them. if its set up right. lol like thats going to be a problem.

you know you should play nice & not post about it being up, until the day after his is wet. he really has been working hard on it & gotten nothing but grief for his efforts.

I know. and I hope AM knows i'm always joking. :flower: He's a nice kid, I met him a few weeks ago and he knows a lot more than I. (specially bout gobies) I know how hard it is to get a tank up, especially for younger reefers (permission an all that, I haven't mentioned the 120 to my dad yet. I think he was it but is pretending it doesn't exist...) And as i've always said AMs doing a stellar job. I think he should get the most anticipated tank of the year award.

I did just post up on my local forum that I want to trade some corals for sand. we'll see what I hear. trying to not spend cash if I don't have to.

animalmaster6

Haha thank you Mark and Bitts. Means a lot :happy:

I have gotten a lot of grief but the situation is not good lol. Bad things after bad things happen in this tank, I guess this happens to everyone trying to set up a great, large reef. I'm really trying to get this thing set up but it just isn't happening. Hopefully soon (isn't that what I always say? <_<)

Archived