Innovative Marine Aquariums

Donatello's Solana Expedition

Donatello

• 4 weeks later...
updates?

I'm going to post some pics tomorrow. Nothing new. Just going steady. Although I've been having problems with some of my sps dying. Not sure why. Might be my alk. It's kind of low. About 7. And calc. is about 400.

Can anyone tell me what the heck is this?

It's been growing longer. Looks like some sort of Algae.

Picture1041.jpg

Orange Monticap rims turning white. Not sure what is going on, but hopefully it'll recover

Picture1046.jpg

This weekend i'm going to meet up with some local reefers to grab a few frags. Hopefully, I'll get some new stuff to post soon. :D

Alright Guys,

I got some goodies I've just added to my tank. I went to two reef club meetings over the weekend and got some nice frags and I also won a raffle.

I managed to win the Portal, which is pretty much a magnifiying glass stuck on your tank for view pleasure. So far it's pretty awesome, I could literally see more details on the rock and corals.

So here are the new addition:

Bubble Tip Anemone

Picture1067.jpg

It's a little bleached because of the poor lighting it was under, but I'm sure some feeding will bring the colors back.

Brain Coral

Picture1070.jpg

Awesome Color. I wanted one with some reds, but it was too expensive. This guy still looks good though. Lol I gotta clean up the zoa frags that MedRed gave me.

Chalice Frags

Picture1081.jpg

Picture1080.jpg

Tiger Conch

Picture1099.jpg

Bubba hanging out with his new buds

Picture1093.jpg

Top Down Tank Shot

Picture1078.jpg

FTS

Picture1103.jpg

I've included the portal to give u guys an idea on how much it magnify. One of my favorite items I won at the local reef club.

Very nice! What the heck is that green stuff sprouting out of your rocks on the right? Are you going to get a mate for your clown?

Those are neomeris. Some sort of algae. It grows super slow in my tank though. Haha I dunno about a buddy for the clown. Scared he might beat him up hahaha.

• 3 months later...
ever going to update this rig?

Yup, it's been on autopilot for the last couple of months. I got some new addition that I'll be posting soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Long Overdo for an Update.

Here are some quick shots of the current tank. As you can see I've added quite a bit of new stuff.

Funeral324-1.jpg

Funeral322.jpg

Funeral319.jpg

Funeral328.jpg

Funeral313.jpg

Funeral344.jpg

Funeral345.jpg

Archived