December 9, 2010

PC093268.jpg

November 9, 2010

PB092960.jpg

September 20, 2010

PA262840.jpg

Stock Red Sea Max 130 - Specs

15lbs CaribSea Arag-Alive - Bahamas Oolite (BC14) + 20lb Sugar Sand New

4lb live rock with zoa colonies (BC14) + 50lbs of established live rock (Had some zoa's, algae and Aiptasia on it)

Mods:

Hydro Flo

Hydor Koralia Nano

RSM Surface Skimmer Upgrade

Livestock:

2 Ocellaris Clownfish

1 Cleaner Shrimp

2 Peppermint Shrimp (Using them to rid the Aiptasia, so far a great crew!)

Coral:

Biocube 14 - Transfers

15 Ricordea Florida (Coral Morphologic)

1 Live rock - 3 colonies of Zoas (Member from another forum gave to me)

1 Green / Purple Frogspawn

Purple People Eater Palys

1 Large Hairy Mushroom

1 Purple Mushroom Frag

1 Blue/Green Mushroom Frag

Reverse gorilla nipple Zoas

Yellow polyps frag has grown really fast into large colony

Red Sea Max

2 Red Mushroom Frags

1 Large Torch Coral

1 Large Favia

Medium sized Purple Death Palys (Bleached but coloring up nicely. They were up high under MH's in previous owners tank)

1 Green Montipora Frag (Given to me bleached we'll see how it does.)

1 Red Montipora Frag (zoas and mushroom on it)

Looks pretty clean.... maybe think of moving those Zoas down a bit and getting some SPS in there...

Hey thanks and great suggestion. I have a large Green Monti frag I was given but it's pretty bleached. It's only been in the tank a couple days still not sure how it's going to do. Here's a closeup of it, it's supposed to be green but I'm still not sold.

PA262851.jpg

Zoa Rock Closeup

PA262855.jpg

Torch Coral

PA262845.jpg

Favia

PA192720.jpg

Looks really good! I have a BC14 too and am starting to get the itch for something a little larger.

I only had mine for 6 months although I wasn't looking to upgrade. I actually got the tank as a trade for design services plus cash but the guy was just looking for someone that would get good use out of it. Was like new and only used as freshwater. Im really liking these tanks. I called Pinky over at Red Sea and she helped get all new lights and the new skimmer, great customer service!

• 2 weeks later...
Nice! Welcome to the club! Hopefully the monti will green up for you, does it slime when you touch it? Mine is great in my tank!

Thanks! The green monti does slime a little and it has begun to look greenish in the past few days. I think its going to make it. I'll check out your tank.

• 5 weeks later...

Blue Chalice Colony Update (December 8, 2010) :

Blue chalice has really darkened up with an intense true blue color, very happy!

blue_chalice.jpg

wow, really looking good. how's the green monti cap?

Green Monticap Update (December 9, 2010) :

Green Monti has also colored up really nicely. Not sure if it's due to the lower placement in the tank but either way it looks very healthy "still a little brown" compared to the almost skeleton white color it was when I got it. I may give it some more time in its current location since it does have a nice green color at night with only moonlights on.

IMG_0549.JPG

Thanks!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Update:

Tank is doing excellent, great growth and many new coral. Unfortunately I will have to be breaking this down very soon...

I have something in the works here is a hint:

rsm250_2.jpg

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived