Pod Your Reef

WaWaWang's 57g Oceanic Illuminati

Wawawang

Well I had the itch to upgrade after losing some colonies. Some might not think of it as an upgrade as its almost the same foot print. The 40 breeder is 36x18x16 the 57g is 36x18x21. I wanted to stick with this footprint for a couple reasons. I think this footprint hits a sweet spot as far as size and Ive come to enjoy it very much. The maintenance cost and upkeep is inline with my lifestyle. Also I can reuse my sump, lights, stand, skimmer, return pump etc.

Here is an updated list of my setup:

-57g Oceanic Illuminati

-Aquactinics tx5 5 bulb t5 fixture

-ati blue plus, aquascience 15k, ge 65k, blue plus, blue plus

-Finnex blue led fixture retroed into tx5 fixture

-20g high sump- has been redone this time without a refugium

-bulk reef supply media reactor

-octopus xp-1000sss skimmer

-mag 5 return

-vortech mp40

-koralia evo 1050 x2

-reefkeeper 2

-viaaqua 200watt titanium heaters x2

-azoo 4 cooling fans

-glass-holes super nano overflow kit with 3/4 return kit

I also removed a bunch of frags, added sand, mounted my light fixture above the tank.

FTS 2010-10-17 All the lights on

IMG_7621.jpg

FTS 2010-11-17 dusk/dawn lights on ati special and at blue plus, finnex all Royal blue led's, and reef brite 14k leds

IMG_8061.jpg

FTS 2010-12-21 dusk/dawn lights on ati special and at blue plus, finnex all Royal blue led's, and reef brite 14k leds, moved some corals around to make room for bonzai and scripps

IMG_8490.jpg

FTS 2011-3-3 dusk/dawn lights on ati special and at blue plus, finnex all Royal blue led's, and reef brite 14k leds

_MG_9535-1.jpg

Can't wait to see this!!

I love your 40 Breeder.

I agree!!!

One of my favorite 40BR tanks of all time!

This should be amazing!!!

;)

Thanks Everyone.

Here are some updated pics. I also wanted to show the Glass holes kit(super nano) i used. Its very low profile and high quality.

Side shot of overflow and return.

IMG_7627.jpg

From the front shot of overflow and return. Very low profile way smaller from the front than the koralia's

IMG_7628.jpg

FTS

IMG_7621.jpg

Left island

IMG_7622.jpg

Right island

IMG_7623.jpg

Misc Top down shots

IMG_7630.jpg

IMG_7631.jpg

IMG_7632.jpg

IMG_7636.jpg

IMG_7634.jpg

I think those may be the perfect dimensions for a medium-sized reef tank. I like the two-island aquascape, as well - another six months of growth and the SPS will be amazing.

This tank is crazy colorful!!! I love the clean look, the two-island scape and the dense cluster of sps. (I think I'll try this kind of scape for my new rimless tank B) )

Do you ever have a problem with sps corals touching each other? I had my acro tenuis touch my green birdsnest and it burned off a little bit of the birdsnest tissue.

Nicely done. Makes me wish I had gone in a different direction with mine. Oh well that can be my excuse for a new tank. I love these 57's though

Archived