ReefCleaners.org

My first 3g Picotope

pj86

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea, I've seen the eunicid worm in the tank. But they are extremely hard to capture. I have already tried many times with the container with food in it to capture it but no luck. Last time I saw it was about a month ago.

Yea, I've seen the eunicid worm in the tank. But they are extremely hard to capture. I have already tried many times with the container with food in it to capture it but no luck. Last time I saw it was about a month ago.

If there was a euncid worm in my pico I'd be dumping the tank out :)

make a trap and bait it with a piece of shrimp.

I probably give the bait trap another go at. The problem with it, I always capture bristle worms and not the eunicid. Depending on the eunicid, sometimes they aren't that bad. It really depends on how large they get, the larger they are the more they will eat.

lol, true. I wonder where it is, or even if it is still alive. I haven't seen any suspicious loses besides the emperor shrimp. I don't know how I will lure him out. I feed this tank heavily, and I believe most of the inhabitants are probably always well fed, even the eunicid worm at all times. Time to stay alert at night.

lol, true. I wonder where it is, or even if it is still alive. I haven't seen any suspicious loses besides the emperor shrimp. I don't know how I will lure him out. I feed this tank heavily, and I believe most of the inhabitants are probably always well fed, even the eunicid worm at all times. Time to stay alert at night.

Try scanning the tank at night with a red flashlight.

Today I felt the aquarium looked better than usual, so I decided to take out the camera and take some photos. I have a few flatworms here and there, will try to reduce population later on. So here are full shots of the tank

DSCF4218.JPG

DSCF4223.JPG

DSCF4224.JPG

o ****, those are red flatworms?!

looks good. so unfortunate that you have flatworms of fire and the death serpent in this tank :( Imagine that thing growing to fill your entire tank with all those feedings (i'd rather not think about it)

does it look like the classic bobbit worm with those black fangs for a proboscis?

lol, .Newman. "One step at a time, one step at a time", that is what I tell myself with all my hobbies. I believe I have a pic of the eunicid worm some where, at the moment it is of minor concern until I can find it or it begins eating my corals or more inhabitants. First concern are the flatworms, will try to limit their food. As long as they don't populate out of proportion, I'm glad they are there because of my feeding schedule.

I always got my flatworms by draining the tank and wiping up with a papertowel, aka helminth vacuum

for once a tank featuring those gorgs is actually feeding them the right way this is really a success. call me crazy but i cannot see one single flatworm mine were in the dozens on the front glass at times?

tank of the month, obviously nice. I think those gorgs are called diodogorgia.

For anyone to continually drip feed and change water takes dedication and the payoff is the support of animals exclusive in this hobby.

true that.

His flatworms are red/brown and are at the sand line in the front of the blue zoas and the zoas surrounding those. front glass. they blend in the pic.

Today I felt the aquarium look better than usual, so I decided to take out the camera and take some photos. I have a few flatworms here and there, will try to reduce population later on. So here are full shots of the tank

DSCF4218.JPG

DSCF4223.JPG

DSCF4224.JPG

Would you be willing to join the JBJ Club?

lol, nope not bryopsis. Just chaeto. I havent seen bryopsis pop up in this tank. I do have several algae that stay under control, and add quite a bit of stability. The left side of the tank I usually leave with a film of that algae and remove some every so often. Tank is pretty darn stable for the amount of food I put in it, now about 1.3ml of microscopic liquid food and another 1 ml of dried microscopic food daily. Also, live bbs, a few grams of mysis, the occasional silverside and cyclopeeze. With that amount of food many would say I can crash several picos.

I bet my pico could handle that food :P I do feed 1/4 of a table spoon of Zooplankton powder and 1/3 of a frozen cube of cyclops to my tank in one day. the catch is that it only happens one day a week lol.

Thanks, I appreciate the comments y'all.

I believe the next major upgrade in this tank is coming very soon. Automatic feeding!!! I have a few things to purchase and already have the idea in my head. It will be a matter of finding the right price on things. If everything comes through I will be putting the details here. This is in preparation for me not being here during clinical rotations next year. So all upgrades will be toward making the system more automatic (weekly maintenance rather than hourly).

Archived