Pod Your Reef

discontinued

johnmaloney

No, do you mean Pm's? I got one a couple days ago, but I'll check my email.

No worries, I'll still take the pictures, thanks for the offer, but I'll just take the rock. No trouble here, just wondering if any updates on any pictures. :lol:

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be more than happy to drop some in a 40 breeder and snap some pics :)

heck I could do it in a picotope, 29g and 55g as well since the tanks haven't been used since I cleaned them.

all set, but thanks for the offer!

ah cool, sorry I didn't have time to read the whole thread when I replied :(

I'll check it out if you have it in stock for the next tank I build :)

ok cool, we may have it again. I think I will discontinue it for awhile though, it was causing some confusion

Wait, your not discontinuing the rock itself are you. I'm gonna need some of that for my 40b upgrade in a few weeks.

I may have the rock still just email me, it just wont be on the site until I get the next website. It is coming soon though, I moved past what Dhaut calls the "pipe dream" stage. : ) lol..

so some of this rock should have arrived according to the tracking (where avail, sorry Kazooie) any thoughts?

:) good to hear! the new site is coming.

I lost a day with the Keys trip but it is on the way. I ran into a strange problem with the SEO optimization...but it will be overcome don't you worry dhaut. will look exactly like the current one, just different software. and I will probably update the outdated stuff.....maybe, can't be sure though

I only have 25 pounds left of it now, I should get another ton this Friday. We are going to ship this differently from now on though, this stuff is really porous and therefore fragile, so we are going to just ship the largest pieces we can, so if they crack they are still usable in a nano. If we send nano pieces and they break though it is too small...Also, it can't be shipped with the FL rock, the FL rock cracks this stuff. It won't be on the site until we have software rules that don't allow the two to be shipped together, we took a big hit on that. Our margin on this is so slim that is we lose one or two boxes to breakage we have to sell rock for a month to cover it. No fun! It may be porous, but it is still heavy. :)

An oversize piece will be easy to chip down to the right sizes though. You can crack it by just letting a hammer fall on it, you wouldnt have to swing. I have been doing it all week and it is really easy and kind of fun. Some pieces you could break with your hands if you wore gloves. What do you guys think of that method of selling it? We have to figure something out, it really is the best dry rock the hobby has ever seen coming from this part of the world so it would be a shame if we didn't carry it.

Website update - Dhaut, I am getting on it -quit bugging me! :) I am only a good solid two days of work or so from being done with the new site. :) lol...

Love the STi... hey i want mine to look like that in pics...

I am more of a sti person, not the minivan style though.

-putting together a few more rock pix.

I added 20# of the Caribbean to 50# of the 'regular' Florida rock and it is amazing. The shapes from the Caribbean are much more interesting, and the smaller size allows for a little more creativity with aquascaping.

I'll take some pictures when I get home and post them.

Archived