Coral Vue Hydros

Pink Mass on Live Rock, with Pictures!

Genj

Truly? That tiny blob of goo is a sponge? Interesting..

I have the same type of sponge on one of my rocks. I dont know how its doing because its facing the back of the tank but its pretty looking.

Truly? That tiny blob of goo is a sponge? Interesting..

Just an fyi, the sponges in my tank are growing like crazy but they are in low light and low flow spots. Very nice looking one though.

• 6 years later...

I'm relatively new to reef tanks! I have had my bio cube  for about a year and a half! Why is this just showing up? And is it safe to keep in tank? It's very strange!! When the tube opening closes it gets little spike type things

Edited by tlp4
Spelling

Sponge is perfectly fine in a reef tank, in fact it is a good thing. They can come in on frags and things and take a long time to be seen as they will wait for the right conditions to grow. The spikes are like an exhale

• Like 1
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
1 minute ago, mndfreeze said:

Sponges generally do not survive if pulled out of water into the air.  Generally.

Well then mine’s a real survivor. Thing cleans the sink like a champ, doesn’t mind all the soap, I wring it out and it’s good to go for round two. You must be getting some weak ass sponges. 

And while we’re on the subject...

4FEACC33-21E5-471A-AF47-FE32A6FA1B07.gif

• Like 1
16 hours ago, 1891Bro said:

Well then mine’s a real survivor. Thing cleans the sink like a champ, doesn’t mind all the soap, I wring it out and it’s good to go for round two. You must be getting some weak ass sponges. 

And while we’re on the subject...

4FEACC33-21E5-471A-AF47-FE32A6FA1B07.gif

Mine smells like old dishwater. I think it died???

• Like 1