inTank Media Baskets

jdl's pico

jdl

Mr. Microscope
thanks man!! sony dsc-w70 with zeiss lens. edited with nero. it is my ex's, she "left" it here last time she visited..... just a p&s, reading jeremai's how to really helped out. i have been trying to figure out the banner thing, i think i kinda got the gist of it. not too sure on how i like shooting with the led... you were right about it being difficult. i might use the pc fixture just for shooting pics.

Don't give up on taking pics with LEDs. It's a big challenge, but eventually you'll get the hang of it. I don't know anything about nero, but if it's anything like photoshop you should have a levels option. When adjusting them, the levels box shows you a histogram of the colors in the image. You should be able to adjust each color channel individually or all at once. The options are RGB (red, green, blue), or just R, G, or B. You'll find that these are skewed to one side. Usually the blue to the right and red and green to the left. You just need to bring the left or right arrows on the bottom to the left or right edge of the histogram. I hope that made sense.

77847.image4.jpg?h=379&w=535

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i know exactly what you are talking about, and im glad you explained it to me. thank you. i have off today, so i will be shooting as much as possible, until she realizes whats up...

DSC02090.jpg

*edit*

i also used the less than $1 diy tripod from lalani's diy photo thread. it was actually free for me, i had everything laying around. the only change i made was to swap the string for some 20# test spectra fishing line. the spectra braid has zero stretch, and is the diameter of 6# test monofilament. thanks lalani!

Mr. Microscope

Are you talking about this thing?

:lol: Here's another DIY by the same guy. This one's a little more fun. I might have to build one of these for the next frag swap.

pics with new leds. still trying to figure out led editing. loving this new light. more upgrades in the works, stay tuned...

fts feeding time

DSC02093.jpg

top down

DSC02098.jpg

DSC02105.jpg

DSC02110.jpg

DSC02096.jpg

My blastos are in my sandbed too. They have loved it. I feed them every now and then and my colony has went from about 10 heads to almost 20. They have loved my leds as far as I can tell.

wow you are getting good growth (picodope). Mine started as one polyp, now has 8 but they haven't really multiplied past 8. might be because the colony had a major run in with 90F water in the summer. it looked like it was a goner at one point.

DSC01954x2.jpg

pod.jpg

everything in my tank is loving the led lighting except my blasto. even some stuff i thought died a long time ago is coming back!

*Godzilla Noises* for the first pic

very nice pic of the amphipod there. I could never spot mine doing that long enough to get a pic. Its the big brown variety right? almost penny size?

You have penny sized amphipods!? Holy crap! whats wrong with your blastos? have you tried moving them to a lower/higher flow spot? Mine seem to like a low to medium flow and a lot of light. They are on the sandbed but none of the polyps are covered.

idk, it really pisses me off though. the blastos are the only coral i actually paid good money for. i had moved them around a bit with no luck, now they are back in the original spot... i removed most of my xenia. there is only one or two main stalks now. there are some polyps here and there but they will be removed soon. i plan on rescaping the side the xenia once occupied with some newer nicer stuff. any thoughts on livstock (coral) choices will be taken into consideration. or if anyone has an insane frag of the coolest coral, zoa, whatev in the world, and they want to see it displayed in my tank for free pm me.

i like the though of free coral...in my tank of course :lol:

too bad the xenia is gone, if you made a similar mass on the left side it would have looked extremely nice.

penny sized amphipods are kinda rare in my pico, but i have seen some scurrying around my zoa mats. they are huge. I always mistake them for bobbit worms when their heads peek out of the zoas. freaks me out a bit, but each time i find that its one of those big amphipods.

the new male sexy shrimp i added is pimpin it out already. at least one of my females is carrying a clutch and very very protective of her new perch. gonna read up on pj's breeding thread and maybe set up a tank to raise them if it happens again.

*edit* both females are carrying

Very cool jdl! I have been lurking the forums for a while and am running a 3G JBJ Pico. Its my first salt water and am realizing fast that this is going to be some ugly, expensive, fun! Good luck with the sexy's.

the new male sexy shrimp i added is pimpin it out already. at least one of my females is carrying a clutch and very very protective of her new perch. gonna read up on pj's breeding thread and maybe set up a tank to raise them if it happens again.

*edit* both females are carrying

The sexes that i just moved in to my gf's tank released a clutch of eggs last week. Of course we weren't ready for them and didn't have a setup ready. It was awesome to see them swimming in her tank. Her yellow clown goby was having a feast lol. Hopefully you have some good luck when they release a clutch of eggs. Keep these badass pics coming!

sitting at the desk, lurking on nr instead of planning out my next weeks worth of work. i glance over at my tank, ive been trying to bring my goby back to good health. my fixture collapses in front of me. if i hadnt tightened the bolts that hold this lamp, i would have lost everything. i even had my "top" (piece of acrylic) off at the time. moral of the story, the par bulbs are heavy. reinforce your fixtures!! i think it might be time to hang from the ceiling, and do away with the fixture. as of now i put a screw in the ceiling, and harnessed the fixture with some 20# spectra braid.

Mr. Microscope
sitting at the desk, lurking on nr instead of planning out my next weeks worth of work. i glance over at my tank, ive been trying to bring my goby back to good health. my fixture collapses in front of me. if i hadnt tightened the bolts that hold this lamp, i would have lost everything. i even had my "top" (piece of acrylic) off at the time. moral of the story, the par bulbs are heavy. reinforce your fixtures!! i think it might be time to hang from the ceiling, and do away with the fixture. as of now i put a screw in the ceiling, and harnessed the fixture with some 20# spectra braid.

Yikes! I hope you didn't get shocked. Good luck!

r.i.p. clown goby. im done with vertebrates, inverts only. everything else okey dokey.

Sorry to hear that. I'm in the same boat with you. I'm waiting till I get a larger tank to start with fish.

Builder Anthony

How did the goby die?

I also have some weird copeopod i never seen before it s white with black stripes on its back.The stripes are very dark black.

Archived