inTank Media Baskets

jdl's pico

jdl

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks! this fish has no fear. i dont acclimate anything in my tank, just drop em in. this thing is already hosting my montis.....and picking at them. not too pleased with that. i thought it was just cleaning off some pods, but then it spit up an orange monti polyp. the anemone shrimp on another note is one of coolest inverts ive seen. if you can find it.

love this guy. there seems to be some sort of "tumor" or weird growth on the left side of the carapace. i did not notice this at the lfs, or last night when i put it in the tank. seems fine physically, acting like a shrimp, dancing around and cleaning its antennae. any ideas?

fts with new members

after looking more closely at anemone skrimp. it looks like the growth is actually its brain. could this be due to molting? im 99% this growth is the brain or other major organ. *edit* just witnessed the anemone shrimp molt. errything should be okey dokey

post-47781-1299333081_thumb.jpg

post-47781-1299333201_thumb.jpg

returned lame led strip. i was only allowed store credit, so i got a refractometer, rogers reef food plus, smallest emerald crab ive ever seen to take out my algae. fed tank with rogers, and everything was going bananas for it. so many posts in 2 days i think i live under a bridge...

"growth" on shrimp is actually a bopyrid isopod....not too bad, but i might try a procedure to remove it. shrimp still looks and acts fine

post-47781-1299357679_thumb.jpg

all new additions seem to be doing well, and eating like crazy. i have significantly increased my feedings and water changes to compensate. i have been mixing cyclops with rogers reef food plus. rogers reef food smells like low tide at the inlet. so it has to be good right? i think i will eventually ween out the cyclops over time. my ycg is too small to eat the rogers right now. i am in the process of some new equipment additions. no comment on what they are as of yet. some of it will be custom made for my tank if everything works out. i really want stevie t's inTank ac70 basket, so hurry up and release for sale!! i was supposed to go fishing today but overslept, so i might remove the isopod. something is diminishing the chaeto in my filter. any thoughts?

*edit*

new light purchased thank you nanotuners!!

I like the Zenia. Do you have trouble keeping it under control?

I have been looking for some for the pico I set up or for my tank at home.

It is actually difficult to find a store near me that has nice specimens. Seems odd because it can grow so fast.

i have a serious love/hate relationship with xenia. it can really add some movement to your tank. i have to trim it weekly. ive read that it can be used as a nutrient export, and it might be starving out my chaeto. not sure about that though. do you have any pics of your pico?

oh cool, i didnt see your sig my bad. to be honest anthony, i could send you some if you want. all you would have to do is pay for shipping. i have never shipped, or had any livestock shipped before, so i gotta learn how to do it. im sure it is still cold where you live anyways. let me know, i throw this stuff away after i trim it. i have read that damaged xenia releases toxins that could crash your tank. just a thought. do you know how to ship stuff?

I just added the signature right when you asked. This is my first week of posting.

To answer your question, no I do not know how to ship. South Florida would probably have to be sent overnight or second day and that would end up being $30-$50 I would think and it is still cold here.

I could probably pick a little piece somewhere for $10-$20 if I stay local.

It is awesome of you to offer for sure!

Jdl your tank is awesome. I love the anemone shrimp. Hopefully I can keep my sexy shrimp from demolishing my zoas. I can see that all your zoos skirts are pretty much gone. If I see this happening I will be exiling them to my gf's tank lol. Did I see you say you ordered a light from nano tuners? What did you get? If it's an led let me know if your coraline continues to thrive. I haven't been able to grow any under my par38. Awesome tank!

What kind of fixture did you get for the led?

Right now it is on a desk lamp from office depot. It works ok. When I figure out the height I want it, I will install drop down style from my ceiling. D wade is a beast also !!

*edit* running evil's par38 20k with 80 degree optics. this thing is like the sun compared to my pc lights. i hope i dont bleach anything out, its up pretty high.

teaser pic more to come

DSC02092.jpg

off topic, i had recently gotten a kuerig (sp?) coffee system.... im a press guy, or just straight up cowboy coffee. but this thing is pretty cool, the green mountain espresso blend is not half bad either. any other coffee fiends out there?

also the .093 optix acrylic is not a good cover choice, it has been up for one night with only 3-4 hours of light, and is warped. i have changed my photoperiod from 14 hrs, to 10 hrs. should it be even smaller of a period? what periods do you other picos with par bulbs run?

Mr. Microscope

jdl your pics are amazing! What type of camera are you using?

off topic, i had recently gotten a kuerig (sp?) coffee system.... im a press guy, or just straight up cowboy coffee. but this thing is pretty cool, the green mountain espresso blend is not half bad either. any other coffee fiends out there?

also the .093 optix acrylic is not a good cover choice, it has been up for one night with only 3-4 hours of light, and is warped. i have changed my photoperiod from 14 hrs, to 10 hrs. should it be even smaller of a period? what periods do you other picos with par bulbs run?

I used to be a coffee fiend. I all but gave it up when I moved to NYC. The coffee here sucks! You have to go to Brooklyn to get a decent cup of joe.

BTW, on photo-period, I'd push it down to 6.

jdl your pics are amazing! What type of camera are you using?

thanks man!! sony dsc-w70 with zeiss lens. edited with nero. it is my ex's, she "left" it here last time she visited..... just a p&s, reading jeremai's how to really helped out. i have been trying to figure out the banner thing, i think i kinda got the gist of it. not too sure on how i like shooting with the led... you were right about it being difficult. i might use the pc fixture just for shooting pics.

living so close to miami makes it really easy to get good stuff. the cuban coffee down here is no joke. i dont do drugs, but i would imagine it is what smoking crack feels like...

Archived