ReefCleaners.org

jdl's pico

jdl

007.jpg

well, i have successfully kept a reef tank for a year now. i would like to thank everybody on this site for your help and criticisms. i dont think i would have made it without you guys. this was my first sw tank, and i cant wait to go big!!!(10 gallon). all of my success has come from the helpful info on this site. i dont have a thread for the tank, so here's a list of whats goin on:

equiptment

-jbj picotope

-ac70 modded fuge (thanks el fab)

-nanotuners par38 80 optics

-coralife digital thermometer

-50w stealth heater

-chemi-pure elite

-nano mag glass cleaner

-as much filter floss as possible

-gravity fed ato

livestock

INVERTS

-anemone shrimp (periclemenes) 1

-sexy shrimp 2

-blue legged hermit=1

-emerald crab=1

-astrea snail =1

-mini brittle stars (more than i can count)=?

-colonista snails=hundreds

-all sorts of cool hitchhikers (pods, worms, etc.)

CORAL

-xenia

-various mushrooms

-various ricordea

-various zoas

-monti cap =green i think

-monti digi =orange and purple

-gsp

-psp

- red sponge

-blue/green sympodium

-palys

ALGAE

-coralline

PLANTS

-red mangrove

about 5-6 lbs live rock and live sand

maintenance

-25-30% weekly wc

-new filter floss every other wc

-daily glass cleaning

-daily livestock check

-weekly baster blasts

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My LFS doesn't suggest a nano tank; however, they take the approach that if you can make it work in a nano, you can make it work on any size larger.

WOW looking great. I like how the xenia fills up the whole side of the tank. Good job!

thanks man! it had literally taken over that side and i had to "trim the trees" before i took that photo. that is one giant snook man! where in fl are you from and where abouts did you catch her?

1. nice tank

2. nice snook in the avatar!

3. I see you employ an emerald crab as well!

4. what happened to all the good GSP growth? did it not like you after a few months?

5. Awesome that youve been able to keep the same crab and fish throughout this whole thing! most people's fish jumps out or something random happens and it disappears.

Kudos for keeping a year old+ pico!

1. nice tank

2. nice snook in the avatar!

3. I see you employ an emerald crab as well!

4. what happened to all the good GSP growth? did it not like you after a few months?

5. Awesome that youve been able to keep the same crab and fish throughout this whole thing! most people's fish jumps out or something random happens and it disappears.

Kudos for keeping a year old+ pico!

thanks! my emerald is awesome. keeps the algae in serious check. i think my sexy shrimp are eating the gsp.....i thought i was feeding them enough, apparently not. the gsp is showing some signs of a comeback..i hope. i gotta admit i got the fish to "test" my waters after my cycle to see if everything was ok. he ended up making it the long run which i was kinda hoping for. best three dollars ive ever spent.

thanks man! it had literally taken over that side and i had to "trim the trees" before i took that photo. that is one giant snook man! where in fl are you from and where abouts did you catch her?

Thanks, i live about an hour north of Tampa but caught that one in clearwater.

Great looking tank! :)

I'm just starting out, hope I can make it as long as you did(without going broke :P)

--Adeeb

cool, good luck! welcome to the team

• 2 weeks later...

new zoas. dont know the name dont really care.. kinda "saved" them from a local lfs that was about to toss em..pretty plain lookin but i like em. iphone cam sux.... i wish my ex took the cat instead of the cam

post-47781-1288042588_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

r.i.p. emerald crab it was fun.. thinking about getting a porcelain crab, anybody have any advice on them?

Congrats JDL! You should make this the start of your tank thread. :lol:

yep thats kinda what im thinking

Archived