Coral Vue Hydros

keydivers 20 gal planted tank

keydiver

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i say add some sargassum to the top left. and some halimeda to the right/ and bottom left. would look even more foresty

I like the suggestions. I actually have some halmeida in the bottom right, you just can't see it in the slurry of species. But if I do set up this new tank, it's gonna be a hell of an algae tank. I'll actually take my time on the placement of things, where as this tank isn't much of a display.

id suggest getting rid of the prolifera then. and switch to paplasode. on the sand bed. and go wild from there. ;)

I'll definitely not use caulerpa this time. It's wayyy to hard to control. What is paplasode?

drunkenmonk21

I have some caulerppa serrulata in my 55g I sear it grows over an inch a day maybe more.

I love the look of ACETABULARIA SP. going to order some soon.

I have some caulerppa serrulata in my 55g I sear it grows over an inch a day maybe more.

I love the look of ACETABULARIA SP. going to order some soon.

Yeah it is an AWESOME macro. I have it local everywhere here. But be careful, it's a notoriously bad shipper, and it's one of the harder species to care for. I have a tiny little piece of serrulata that's not so tiny anymore :o

• 2 weeks later...
drunkenmonk21

Hey key, does your C. serrulata seem to have a dull pale green color, or is mine getting to much light lol. Mine seems to be pretty white-ish on top but green underneath. Has been like that for couple months since i put it in. Still grows like a weed either way

Hey key, does your C. serrulata seem to have a dull pale green color, or is mine getting to much light lol. Mine seems to be pretty white-ish on top but green underneath. Has been like that for couple months since i put it in. Still grows like a weed either way

Yeah, mine is the same way. I don't really care about it, as I know if I have too much of it, it will become a nuisance. It's one of those macros that just ended up in my tank somehow, and it's been growing ever since.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
drunkenmonk21

I thought I read somewhere you are tearing this tank down? Are you transfering tanks? Have a new thread up for it? If not........updated pics :D

I thought I read somewhere you are tearing this tank down? Are you transfering tanks? Have a new thread up for it? If not........updated pics :D

This tank actually just got redone. It looks pretty gnarly right now but I also have a 40g rimless starfire lagoon. It's not updated either /:

I'll work on that but here's the thread for now

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...79463&st=20

I've kind of gone on a binge of getting frags of rare macros so all my tanks look like crap while i'm waiting on little pieces to grow out. And I setup a cheapo grow out in the garage with rubbermaids and a mh pendant so I can grow stuff out

Edit: Gnarly, as in bad :D

Archived