Coral Vue Hydros

keydivers 20 gal planted tank

keydiver

check with seabass on the co2 thing, he's been doing it in his tank.

Also why i came by I remembered that I use to have a couple rubber bands around the lower part of the skimmers cup to help cut noise.

Hopefully he chimes in, if not i'll contact him.

I tried the rubber band thing, it works a TON. Still haven't done the paper towel trick yet, but i'm planning on it :P

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Paper towel is a couple degree's of magnitude over the rubber band. DO IT NOW!!! :)

FTS updated ;D

I cleaned out a lot of the caulerpa so you can see the true extent of my red grape colony.

I think i'm going to clear a space in the sand for udotea, halmeida, pinecone, and similar calcified algae.

Also, here is an above shot so you can see my ochtodes colony and the frag of nemastoma that my friend gave me

post-55106-1306281596_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Nice. Thank you for the update, its great watching some of these tanks evolve.

Nice. Thank you for the update, its great watching some of these tanks evolve.

Thanks jp, I'm waiting on my friend to let me borrow his t2i so I can do a REAL update

• 2 weeks later...
fts

soon my friend, soon. My tank is being published, so I have to take a good one within the next couple days anyways

• 2 weeks later...

Ok everybody, here's an update. I finally got the chance to use my friends nikon, so they pictures are better quality. I lack photog skills, but they are getting a little better at least. Here are some pics. The ochtodes is so large it's starting to stick to the glass, and the galaxia is super pink. My exposure was a little off so the colors are whatever.

http://s1122.photobucket.com/albums/l538/k...nt=DSC_0508.jpg

http://s1122.photobucket.com/albums/l538/k...nt=DSC_0509.jpg

http://s1122.photobucket.com/albums/l538/k...nt=DSC_0510.jpg

http://s1122.photobucket.com/albums/l538/k...nt=DSC_0511.jpg

Enjoy! Feel free to comment

• Like 1

Really great looking stuff!

BTW, if you post the IMG code from photobucket, your photos will display inline here instead of us having to click a link to see each pic

20110628-ntuteubem9wqc3mf76j8m18g3b.jpg

Really great looking stuff!

BTW, if you post the IMG code from photobucket, your photos will display inline here instead of us having to click a link to see each pic

20110628-ntuteubem9wqc3mf76j8m18g3b.jpg

AHAH. Lol i've been trying to figure that one out for a while. Thanks for the tip and the kind words!

Deleted User 6

hi cal

Ok everybody, here's an update. I finally got the chance to use my friends nikon, so they pictures are better quality. I lack photog skills, but they are getting a little better at least. Here are some pics. The ochtodes is so large it's starting to stick to the glass, and the galaxia is super pink. My exposure was a little off so the colors are whatever.

DSC_0508.jpg

DSC_0509.jpg

DSC_0510.jpg

DSC_0511.jpg

Enjoy! Feel free to comment

ftfy. beautiful stuff. the halymenia looks a bit pink - how much flow is it getting?

hi cal

ftfy. beautiful stuff. the halymenia looks a bit pink - how much flow is it getting?

Thanks D!

Just the flow of the overflow from my main tank which isn't much, along with a k-nano 420. I think some of my stuff is pinking out a bit on me because I just switched out a bulb from the stock FNI fixture to an 18k bulb that my friend gave me, so I figured i'd try it. I might switch back soon.

Deleted User 6

halymenia likes very high flow and medium light ime. mine grew like crazy and turned a deep red w/ orange tips under high flow.

left side:

858177152_yWHrG-L.jpg

halymenia likes very high flow and medium light ime. mine grew like crazy and turned a deep red w/ orange tips under high flow.

left side:

858177152_yWHrG-L.jpg

Yeah mine used to be that color, which makes me think it's the bulbs. But then again I sold off most of my colony

• 3 weeks later...

some bad news....all my caulerpa prolifera went sexual. I came home to find my tank SUPER cloudy, I couldn;t even see the back wall. I thought something was spawning, but when I looked at my caulerpa, it was all fuzzy and had little yellow gametes all over, a sure tale sign that it had gone sexual. I had to rip most of it out :(. It will grow back though, i'm not too worried, just glad the tank is ok.

I also got a bunch of codium, so that is my green filler until the caulerpa fills in again.

Lookin great man! All my stuff if growing in, hopefully will look as good as yours eventually.

Thanks man! I'm glad all the macros are doing good, has that galaxia colored up for you yet?

Got some new pics with my crappy 4mp camera...

If your caulerpa starts to look like this....YANK IT

going sexual- notice the hairs and gametes

pictures002.jpg

codium- not sure of the species

pictures031.jpg

an unidentified- anybody know what it is?

pictures029.jpg

galaxia macro

pictures028.jpg

enjoy and comment!

• Like 1

Archived