Cultivated Reef

MedRed's 60 Gal Solana XL: The End of an Era

MedRed

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

do you still have the candy basslet pair?

Yes! I don't know why everyone was hiding out in that pic.

6qGpUI1.jpg

Eh, I'm drunk apparently. LOL! MED!

apparently!

some quick phone pics to show more of the structure. The elegance is the only LPS I kept as it hosts the clownfish. They are around back for now. I have a lot of diatoms.

8F0TuRH.jpg

h2WtPie.jpg

mfq3hlC.jpg

oh wow i really like this med. This is going to look incredible as it grows out....what bulbs are you running?

Thank you! I'm running 3 Blue+ and 1 purple+ with a 250w Phoenix. All need replaced lol

I like this scape and it will look incredible, but I miss the old scape. :)

This scape isn't as sexy as my old scape and is a bit hamfisted because of my inexperience with concrete (plus i removed the finishing tips off of the arms); however I was over my old scape and wanted to put my sexy fixture back over the tank. The 4 pendants were ugly and my geisemann was going to waste.

So you're back to the Giesemann Infiniti?

yes sir

You come up with some of the coolest rock work forms ever, this one is especially awesome.

Thank you!

Why did you decide to dump most of your lps? I liked some of your acans

the honest answer? they wouldn't fit. lol.

I'm not sure if i want to make the foot a ricordia rock or a montipora rock. If it's montipora, then everything visible from the front will be sps. if ricordia, I don't have to worry about anything growing over my clam!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

In anticipation of an impending move, this tank is in the process of being decommissioned

bummer, your fw tanks coming down too? Ive been lurkin TPT a bit lately.

Archived