Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

MedRed's 60 Gal Solana XL: The End of an Era

MedRed

Talked to C2 (makers of the AI) and they indicated that there might be a future firmware update that would allow for a bit more show rather than just the sunrise and sunset.

That would be great! I was going to write them and ask them about the possibility for a more full featured controller.

Do it big... []0 [] []\/[] []0 !!! :)

Dang i can't hang with you right now but maybe next year. Try to get a new car and a house first.

Would you like to baby sit my frags for me? Lol

Lol. Don't take your tank down! I want to see them grow out! Do you live in LA?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So my rocks arrived today. Unfortunately, most of them are a lot bigger than I was hoping for. It's going to make it that much harder to pull off a nice scape. I also am new to drilling rocks and connecting with acrylic rods. I've been searching all over for a nice write up or video, and I've not had much luck. The tank should arrive by Friday or next Monday.

So my rocks arrived today. Unfortunately, most of them are a lot bigger than I was hoping for. It's going to make it that much harder to pull off a nice scape. I also am new to drilling rocks and connecting with acrylic rods. I've been searching all over for a nice write up or video, and I've not had much luck. The tank should arrive by Friday or next Monday.

Maybe if you got balls, you could probably break up the rocks to give the shape you wanted to build your Ultimate Scape. lol

Man, i had to tear down my scape and scrub all my rocks and my back wall to kill all the GHA and unnecessary things that don't belong in there. It was a pain in the butt but the problem is that i can't get the original scape back any longer. GUESS WHAT?

I did it again.. for the 25th time of scaping the scape through out my 2 years progress with the solana tank. But i think it is going to be a keeper of my scape. :)

Hopefully i get to see your tank soon this week. I can't hardly wait to see how it will come in. Keep me updated buddy!

NirvanaandTool

Ohhh look at all the fish tank goodies.... So jealous.

Love the fish only bathroom. Bet the wife really appreciates that one. My fish tank stuff takes over my bathroom - poor gf lol

Luckily, I'm single. I doubt I'd be able to swing all of the fish stuff if I wasn't. I went to start drilling the rock today, and my drill's battery won't charge... ARGHHH when it rains it poors.

Did it stop pouring rain yet? Did you manage to drill some rocks yet? You made also wanna use ziptizes too!

When I was drilling the rocks I uses supergel glue and ziptizes. I was to lazy to use a acrylic rods and expoxy puddy. Lol but it worked out for me. What type of scape you had in mind?

I'm still thinking about the scape, but I'm really unhappy with the size of the rocks. 80% are too big to design a freestanding scape. 120 lbs of rock and 80% was not what I was looking for.

NirvanaandTool
Luckily, I'm single. I doubt I'd be able to swing all of the fish stuff if I wasn't. I went to start drilling the rock today, and my drill's battery won't charge... ARGHHH when it rains it poors.

ah even better lol

sucs about the drill though - just found one of my batteries was doing that. glad i found that out before i started my new build lol

sucks about the size of the rocks. Try taking a hammer to some and see if you have any luck making some smaller ones

oh PS, thanks for posting the pics of the digital refractometer. now you got me considering if i can spare money from my new build to buy one of them lol

Omg I'm so excited then you! I wish I have a house so I can get on the bandwagon with you bro. I love that tank! Let me know asap when it comes in tomorrow

Omg I'm so excited then you! I wish I have a house so I can get on the bandwagon with you bro. I love that tank! Let me know asap when it comes in tomorrow

I hope it comes in on time... and most importantly... I hope it's not broken! my original 34 Solana was busted to pieces. Now I need to figure out this dang scape!

You've have officially given me a boner. This setup's going to be awesome! B)

Can I touch it?

joke!

joke!

joke!

joke!

joke!

joke!

joke!

joke!

NirvanaandTool
I don't want to get my hopes up... but tracking says the tank should be here tomorrow!

Awesome!!! Post pics if it does!

Two portions of my new build came in yesterday. Gonna have to make a build thread for it I guess. Not nearly as exciting or badass your thread though.

got any pics of your rock and idea of your scape?

I misplaced my camera the other day. I'll have to find it so I can take some pics of the rock. I'm still not sure on the scape.

Awesome!!! Post pics if it does!

Two portions of my new build came in yesterday. Gonna have to make a build thread for it I guess. Not nearly as exciting or badass your thread though.

awww. I called the transport company, and they said they can't deliver the tank until Monday.

Damn them. Delaying your build thread and making all of us wait....

lol. I need to work out my scape... And I can't fill the tank until i cover the overflow in acrylic so I can clean it. I'm interested to see how big it really is compared to the 34 gallon solana.

NirvanaandTool

Smart move. Let us know how that process is - I'd love to be able to do that when I have to move the Solana in the summer.

Ok... So the tank came in late this morning. It was rough work breaking the pallet down in the sun and then hauling everything up to my apartment before cleaning up. I'm taking a breather before I hang the lighting fixtures. I misplaced my point and shoot, so sorry for the iphone pics.

zus2og.jpg

9hl8if.jpg

you can see my scape in these pics. I wanted something minimalistic and open to promote good flow, viewable from 3 sides, and ofcourse visually appealing. I hope I accomplished these things!.

There are actually 3 individual spires. It's hard to decipher from these two pics. I'll take more pictures later.

Archived