Coral Vue Hydros

Project 60 Cube

tyty22

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks, i catch him picking every once in a while but nothing that seems to be bothering my coral. He picks at the algae on the rocks for the most part.

thanks, i catch him picking every once in a while but nothing that seems to be bothering my coral. He picks at the algae on the rocks for the most part.

yea mine seems to be doing the same. But as soon as I notice any harm his A** is gone!

Ya honestly i want to get rid of my clown before anything. The stubborn little pecker bits my hand and kills any new fish i put in the tank. He nipped two cardinals to death, my potters only survived because he's bigger and a bit aggressive.

I've been thinking off tying another tanking into this system to relocate him to. Specifically the 12 gallon long rimless Mr. aqua. I just have the concerns i may have to rethink my sump for the added overflow and possibly whether or not my quiet one 3000 can handle the two tanks (even though one would be tiny compared to the other)

always thinking....

I think you would be fine if you added a 12g to the same sump. You would just need to make sure you have enough space for another return pump. But you also would run the risk of anything living that may potentially be harmful being transferred to the other tank. Just something to think about.

well there is already an unused T with my current plumbing i was planning to hook up to that and just use one return pump. There is some potential risk plumbing the two together but i think the added volume total volume is worth it.

i like the idea that it will be easy to maintain that way and i think the over all health of the 12gallon tank will definitely be much better than if it were just on its own

Stunning tank and pics!!! That angel is awesome. Good job.

Thanks!

get another small clown and after the initial pairing off they should be too interested in each other to bully your other fish

Do you really think they will pair up? even being 2+ years old? Im afraid he would just attack the new clown, especially a smaller one.

[quote name='tyty22'

Do you really think they will pair up? even being 2+ years old? Im afraid he would just attack the new clown, especially a smaller one.

hmm not sure on that then, as the larger clown will be male and not likely to change now would depend on wether the smaller one was particarly dominant or if you could find a largish definite female

Nice pics

Thanks

hmm not sure on that then, as the larger clown will be male and not likely to change now would depend on wether the smaller one was particarly dominant or if you could find a largish definite female

Ya he's pretty much just an ass.

i completely tore up the tank yesterday and rescaped everything and he was not happy about that. I tried catching the angel and the clown first so he wouldn't bite me while i was moving rocks around but, i was unsuccessful at netting him until i basically had all the rocks out. I had to defend my hand with the net every time i grabbed a rock, he was almost jumping out of the water trying to bite me.

Once they were both out things went smoothly. I took out about 4 rocks and put them in the sump and I'm much happier with the scape now. I also added 20lbs more of pink fiji sand which i tried every so carefully to added without milking up the tank....NOT. I need to add the updated pictures

On another note i ordered my Mr aqua 12, its on its way and i can't wait to get started on it. I'm thinking some DIY LEDs will be in the mix. Mr clown fish might have a new home if i can ever get him out again.

IMG_3840.jpg

IMG_3866.jpg

IMG_3860.jpg

IMG_3861.jpg

IMG_3843.jpgIMG_3876.jpg

during the process i did this...opps

IMG_3803.jpg

took about two hours of filtering until it was clear enough to everything back in.

IMG_3807.jpg

I also decided it was time to break my pink cap. It was just too big and would shade half the tank.

before-

IMG_3810.jpg

after-

IMG_3825.jpg

anyone wanna trade...i'm in rochester ny

IMG_3828.jpg

you can see it in the first picture on the left under the green frogspawn. Honestly I'm willing to trade/sell any pieces of it in my tank, i have tons of big pieces. I shipped a bunch of pieces across the country in the livestock forum this fall but until the spring comes around local stuff only.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
So my cube is gonna have a 12gallon conjoined twin that looks nothing like it...

Any updates? How is the potters doing? That stand is the most amazing diy i have ever seen!

Thanks. I don't have any pictures at the moment sorry

The tanks doing alright, the potters angel is doing good, seems real happy.However, lately i've been having a small cyano algae problem. Also seems like each day somethings not 100% happy. Can't quite figure seem to figure it out...

• 10 months later...

Thank you.

Yes, like you saw I did sell my entire setup to someone local. They had a cracked tank and needed a new set up in a hurry.

I had actually taken the 60cube down about a 1-1/2year ago and replaced it with a 12g mr.aqua. Pretty much using everything this 60cube was using, minus the light.

So I was reluctant but happy to sell the 60cube tank and the rest of the setup knowing it would be set up again and appreciated once more. I was hoping they had started a thread for it here on Nano-Reef, that happens to be why I noticed this thread bump. Kinda ironic.

Incase you're wondering why? Well, I'm a busy 3rd year college student moving around a lot so it was just not practical keeping up with the proper maintenance. Don't worry I'll be back...

Archived