SaltCritters.com

Pyronus' SPS 20H

pyronus

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad it went well.

We have moved twice in our life and you could easily walk from the first apartment to the second apartment and then to our house in about a half hour. :happy:

Following along from here. :)

:o NRF and Dhut in my craptastic thread.

So yea the yuma I couldn't resist out of the 5 dolla coral bin at the LFS.

Glad to have you aboard NRF.

In other news, I wish I was here

Keuka_pano_sm.jpg

Picked up a pretty big rock of some awesome zoa's for cheap tonight. Also messed with the scape and now I'm really not happy with it. I think its definitely time for the RC dry rock. I also got a present in the mail today.

Deleted User 6

Yeah, get you some dry rock. So much easier if you can build your scape out of the tank and just set it down in it when you get it like you want.

Needreefunds

Agreed. John has good stuff. You can get it all set just the way you like it out of the tank where it much easier to fiddle with. To me it seems less aggravating. You can take your time. No ( well... less lol ) mess, no wet floor, no aching shoulders.

So, where was the pic taken P ??

Agreed. John has good stuff. You can get it all set just the way you like it out of the tank where it much easier to fiddle with. To me it seems less aggravating. You can take your time. No ( well... less lol ) mess, no wet floor, no aching shoulders.

So, where was the pic taken P ??

Izza looking good! I do love that yuma <3

and I wanna know as well where was that pic taken :P looks like fun!!

I put in an order for rock, I actually emailed John back and forth through email about some rocks he has for certain scape types.

That is actually 9 photos that I stitched together using this neat program called Huggin. I took them from the deck of my families cottage on Keuka Lake, in the finger lakes region of NY. The place is pretty much the only reason I stay in Rochester, that and everyone is here and its hard to move away from family for crappy work.

I also got bored waiting for silicon to dry last night so I did this.

tanksketch.jpg

Also this, I had all the baffles cut the same height but I feel like its totally wrong for whatever reason.

Left is the drain/ skimmer (SWC 120)

Middle is the return: Eheim 1250

I only siliconed the first baffle on the left. Will it work okay or am I just wrong?

sumpdesign.jpg

The left dim is wrong its actually 6.5

You can have your baffles cut to the same height. No problems at all. I found to be better that the outside baffles are the ones that go 1" from the bottom and the middle is glued to the bottom. The bubble trap actually are the ones raised from the bottom so having just one in the middle makes the one in the return pump area useless. Also that way, the detritus keeps in constant movement. Just my thought

What thickness is the glass/acrylic in the baffles?

PS. you can hide the lines in the PVC tube with the Eraser tool while pressing shift

Thanks for the input Sammy. The baffles are 1/8" window glass. So you think this would work better?

sumpdesign2.jpg

SoCal, I'm hoping to get the whole setup running by Sunday so I have a lot of fun work to do :)

That's right. Don't know if I explain myself right about the bubbles and baffles but makes sense to me to have two walls working as traps rather than one in the middle. If some bubbles make it through the first wall there is another one which is very hard to reach the pump compartment

I bought a TEK light for my new 20H and it's by far not cheap but an amazing light fixture. If you can pick on up used, grab it. You still need to buy the acrylic lens and side legs ,unless you hang it or it comes with them if you buy it used. I say go for it.

Tonight lol? I already have the whole thing together, skimmer fits pretty nice. Drilling to be done on Saturday if I don't have to go take the docks out.

Ah, well the window glass was cheap from True Value which is pretty much next door here. I'd have to go to an actual glass shop for thicker.

Archived