SaltCritters.com

DIY LED Sunrise/sunset controller

dadsoldtruck

Alright guys I found a thread awhile back about this one gentleman that created his own circuit card that controlled his LED's to slowly start up and to slowly shut down to help simulate sunrise and sunset. I'm looking for this thread again as well and other examples for such a circuit card. Thanks guys.

Alright guys I found a thread awhile back about this one gentleman that created his own circuit card that controlled his LED's to slowly start up and to slowly shut down to help simulate sunrise and sunset. I'm looking for this thread again as well and other examples for such a circuit card. Thanks guys.

I am sure this is not it but this is what I came up with which can do that and then some.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...=245630&hl=

Ya I saw that one... but no it's not the one I found. The one I'm looking for is a gentleman who make his own circuit card it resistors and what not to control the dimming on his LEDs automatically. He even posted a video of the card at work. It didn't cost much to make the card.

• 1 month later...
Are you talking about this cool stuff?

I have seen some many cool items in Asian based tanks....they also seem years ahead of us in tank tech but I can never find any info on stuff like this.

I have seen some many cool items in Asian based tanks....they also seem years ahead of us in tank tech but I can never find any info on stuff like this.

Sorry not to thread hijack as I don't have any info on a premaid circuit card. I don't know if this is as cool as some of the Asian tanks, but mine is better than I could have imagined and just blows me away everyday :D .

My daylight cycle test video

Sorry for the crappy video, had a hell of a time trying to get a decent shot of it as the colors and brightness changes pretty much constantly. The video shows the full cycle in 3 minutes. The full cycle runs an hour on the ramp up and an 90 minutes on the ramp down.

Sorry not to thread hijack as I don't have any info on a premaid circuit card. I don't know if this is as cool as some of the Asian tanks, but mine is better than I could have imagined and just blows me away everyday :D .

My daylight cycle test video

Sorry for the crappy video, had a hell of a time trying to get a decent shot of it as the colors and brightness changes pretty much constantly. The video shows the full cycle in 3 minutes. The full cycle runs an hour on the ramp up and an 90 minutes on the ramp down.

cool

The unit that I built will do the sunrise/sunset/clouds/ect also. The Asian market seems to have off the shelf products that will do that stuff. In the US and most of europe from my readings it looks like it is all DIY unless you by a fixture.

Crap, I saw an arduino the other day and can't recall where it was at.... and wasn't sure if it would work with my D meanwells anyhow so I ignored it.

Maybe at cutter?

There are plenty of DIY solutions here... you may have to try various keywords

The arduino is capable of doing this, though I'm not sure about which drivers it's best used on.

cool

The unit that I built will do the sunrise/sunset/clouds/ect also. The Asian market seems to have off the shelf products that will do that stuff. In the US and most of europe from my readings it looks like it is all DIY unless you by a fixture.

I saw your build thread, that thing is amazing, nice work!

I went much lower tech and wanted to build something just to control the LED's only. So its pretty dead simple to use and more importantly for me .. cheap.

Archived