SaltCritters.com

alienz?!

pmemmer

Thanks for making me wet myself guys.

I thought I had finally put the nightmares behind me, finally forgotten the horror of helplessly watching an Aceteminophor invasion eradicate all that was good and lovely in my tank.

Guess I better sleep with Fluffles the stuffed bunny again tonight.

Cheez.

Yeah weets, If I remember you wanted to try to propagate them for scientific study and they wiped out you beautiful World Tank of the Month. Made me cry to watch everything melting away in your tank. Glad to see the Napalm worked out on what remained. Almost set the whole town on fire with that on though.

And that's saying something when you take into account this is the town where the "Atom Bomb" was developed, not much scares people here.

Ppl here get pretty spooked at the mention of Aceteminophors though, we actually had to develop a code word for them-- Turducken Ninjas.

The timing on this sucks too with it being so close to 9/11.

I really hope we can keep it contained.

I've actually been working with my bio professor on aceteminophors. Its a pretty intense set up we have at the lab. We have to keep em away from any light with a wave length 700nm or so to allow us to be able to work with them in relative safety. my professor has been working on breeding a strain that isn't a danger to other organisms. we've noticed they have an affinity for heavy water and do well in low levels of delta radiation. I'm afraid MJ your plan of literally nuking them wont help much. Its best to get them into the dark so the can't synthesize their toxins. otherwise they are pretty remarkable extremophiles, and actually one of the few or maybe even only multi-cellular extremophile.

Op, you's want to go with a species only tank to keep him, and set it up in a dark place like a cellar or a dark room. but you want absolutely no light above the 700nm to reach em. they look awesome under red light too. I wish I could get a pic!

Yeah, my professor would like to use em in nuclear power plants to deal with the radioactive waste, but they are just too unstable and toxic under normal lighting.

Militant Jurist
I've actually been working with my bio professor on aceteminophors. Its a pretty intense set up we have at the lab. We have to keep em away from any light with a wave length 700nm or so to allow us to be able to work with them in relative safety. my professor has been working on breeding a strain that isn't a danger to other organisms. we've noticed they have an affinity for heavy water and do well in low levels of delta radiation. I'm afraid MJ your plan of literally nuking them wont help much. Its best to get them into the dark so the can't synthesize their toxins. otherwise they are pretty remarkable extremophiles, and actually one of the few or maybe even only multi-cellular extremophile.

Op, you's want to go with a species only tank to keep him, and set it up in a dark place like a cellar or a dark room. but you want absolutely no light above the 700nm to reach em. they look awesome under red light too. I wish I could get a pic!

Darn it! I really wanted to use my newest acquisition, a neutron device. Oh well. I wonder how they do in a vacuum? Can we perhaps attempt to round them all up, and then put them on a Delta V rocket? Just to be safe, we should point them at the sun. We don't want them accidentally crashing into mars, and then setting up a colony from which to later attack.

Ciedre YOU DON'T GET IT IT'S SERIOUS!!!

DH is right! He's being super cereal about this!

Don't let *vite (first letter starred to protect from search engines) find out. Remember what happened to him the last time. He has just managed to get back into the hobby, and if he were to hear about this, it would kill him.

Very tough to tell from that fuzzy pic, but I fear this may be the dreaded aforementioned A. meniphorous proliforous. :(

Don't let *vite (first letter starred to protect from search engines) find out. Remember what happened to him the last time. He has just managed to get back into the hobby, and if he were to hear about this, it would kill him.

Good call Mudfish, let's hope he is too busy with his restart and doesn't see this. We could lose him for good.

NO NO NO! They like radiation!!!! you need to capture it without exposing yourself and qt it in a dark tank asap. MJ I think a vacuum may be effective against this wild strain. the wild strains are useless anyway.

see this is all because of global warming. with the rise in sea levels it allows aceteminophor sp. to migrate further up from the ocean depths. upon finding a new food source (the reefs) their numbers explode. A professor of mine at rutgers actually encountered some aceteminophor sp. in their usual habitat on the deep sea vents in the atlantic. Dunno if any of you caught the film. pretty interesting really.

Here is a link

Militant Jurist
NO NO NO! They like radiation!!!! you need to capture it without exposing yourself and qt it in a dark tank asap. MJ I think a vacuum may be effective against this wild strain. the wild strains are useless anyway.

see this is all because of global warming. with the rise in sea levels it allows aceteminophor sp. to migrate further up from the ocean depths. upon finding a new food source (the reefs) their numbers explode. A professor of mine at rutgers actually encountered some aceteminophor sp. in their usual habitat on the deep sea vents in the atlantic. Dunno if any of you caught the film. pretty interesting really.

Here is a link

Global warming is a myth pushed forth by the clandestine aceteminophor sp. advocates and the unwitting associates better known as "environmentalists" and "politicians." They talk about the barely rising water, slightly increased water temps, and increased CO2 as the result of humans, so that aceteminophors will escape controversy. In reality, it is the aceteminophors that are producing CO2 through respiration, and their rapid breeding cycles are are causing the waters to warm. Unless something is done, there will be a boom of aceteminophors so massive that a red tide will look like a fun time for all.

Archived