SaltCritters.com

Lyle's 3 gallon Pico Build

lpsouth1978

lpsouth1978
Retards like you should not be allowed in shops with money in there pockets.. the coral you are staving to death is a Tubastrea sp, non photosynthetic that one looks like it wont make it back.. you need to try and feed EVERY individual coralite..

If you were to read the post you would know that I did not purchase that coral. It came on a piece of live rock that I purchased. It was already basically gone when I purchased it. As a matter of fact it looked like a coral skeleton and I did not know it was alive for several days, when it extended it's polyps. When I learned that it was alive, I tried everything I could to bring it back, but as you said, it was already too late.

In the future it would be nice if you had all of the pertenent information before acting like an a$$.

Also when you are saying "...in there pockets..." it is actually "...in thier pockets...". Now who is the retard? Learn english!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In the future it would be nice if you had all of the pertenent information before acting like an a$$.

Also when you are saying "...in there pockets..." it is actually "...in thier pockets...". Now who is the retard? Learn english!

amen! :slap:

lpsouth1978
Have you thought about going into production?

Not really. This project is not really cost effective. I spent somewhere in the neighborhood of $600 - $700. I have just about completed a second setup. I changed a few things, but it is mostly similar. I do it more for the satisfaction of completing something unique. I enjoy the process itself.

how old is this tank now? looks excellent and i really like the simple scape. i hate how you were able to make that cave so easily haha, I tried every which way but could simply not make one with my rocks, so my rockwork turned out weird. but originally i was trying to build the scape you have. I am also surprised that the green bird is not burning out with such intense light..your pictures are really blue though, and you're saying its even more blue in real life? so you are basically running a ton of blue LEDs over very few whites?

lpsouth1978
how old is this tank now? looks excellent and i really like the simple scape. i hate how you were able to make that cave so easily haha, I tried every which way but could simply not make one with my rocks, so my rockwork turned out weird. but originally i was trying to build the scape you have. I am also surprised that the green bird is not burning out with such intense light..your pictures are really blue though, and you're saying its even more blue in real life? so you are basically running a ton of blue LEDs over very few whites?

Newman, The tank is around 6 months old now. The pictures are actually much more blue than the tank really is. The Iphone camera pics up all of the blue and magnifies it. I actually have the blue LED's turned down to about 1/4 power and the whites at about 1/2 power. I will have to try getting better pictures later with a real camera.

• 1 month later...
lpsouth1978

Update!

A few things have changed since my last post. First off, the monti cap had to be moved to another tank and has since died. I have had difficulty keeping monti's alive and healthy in this tank. I blame it on the lights. I have since adjusted the lights, with the help of a PAR meter that I borrowed. Things now seem to be doing quite well.

I have also changed the rockwork a little bit and added some more acans. I am working on a small acan garden in one corner of the tank. Here are some new pics.

bf83b4da.jpg

54030067.jpg

c086bcfb.jpg

3193b6b3.jpg

3c87c546.jpg

• 2 months later...

Archived