Coral Vue Hydros

Rolys 29G Led BioCube *Updated 12/8/11*

roly01

just purchased one of the ora bred mandarin goby's that are tank raised on pellets and frozen mysis, ive had a mandarin that i was able to train to eat frozen foods and pelets but he died after about 6 months when he managed to get into the over flow of one of my older tanks and got sucked into the sump where he died in the filter sock. hope fully this one will also take fast to eating frozen food because i know my pod population wont sustain it for long. hes about an inch long maybe shorter but he has really nice color and looks fat and healthy.

here are some pics:

th_IMG_1182.jpg

th_IMG_1178.jpg

• 2 months later...

Updated 9/6/11

Update With Pics , New Video Of Tank, And Video Of Clown Fish Hosting My Leather. Also Got A New Yellow Watchman Goby.

The tank has grown allot over the last 3 months since my last post and everything seems to be doing great and growing rapidly. Also returned the ora mandarin back to the pet store because after a month of trying to get him to eat, he would reject everything from frozen brine/mysis, to pellets, and even live brine after they assure me he was trained to eat things other then pods. so i traded him in and brought home a yellow watchman goby.

• 2 weeks later...

This weekend i went out and decided to do some shopping and came home with a beautiful Flasher wrasse and a nice Neon green hammer. at first the flasher wrasse was shy and immediately darted into the first whole he could find but the next day he was out about exploring ever inch of the tank. here are some pics of my new purchases

DSCN1462.jpg

DSCN1467.jpg

DSCN1444.jpg

i need some opinions because as you guys can see my leather has been growing and its gotten pretty big already, so big that in the place that its located it is starting to cast a shadow over some corals and affecting them (completely wiped my GSP colony out little by little as it grew) but i dont want to get rid of it just want to move it somewhere else anyone have any opinions on where i should place it on my rock space im debating a couple of places so thats why i want some opinions before i try detaching it this week because i have some new zoas on the way i should be receiving them this week.

Updated With Pics of New Cherry Moon Blasto, and Superman Monti and also a pick of my last remaining Friutloops zoa after the colony got zoa pox, looks like it might survive!

DSCN1498.jpg

DSCN1494.jpg

DSCN1499.jpg

DSCN1500.jpg

still need help with placement of the big leather any ideas.

Tank looks great. Thanks for the pm gonna do the heater in chamber 3. Sucks about the mandarin I want to add one but am worried about training it myself. Any advice?

thanks man, i was able to train one that i had in a bigger tank, it took allot of time, patience, more time, and lots of stress.. i started off by feeding him live brine it took about a week of me blowing it into his face for him to realize he could eat them. once he started eating them i started mixing frozen mysis/brine with live brine. little by little he started to eat the frozen brine/mysis confusing them for the live ones. after a couple of weeks i would mix less and less live brine till all he was eating was frozen. it was a very hard daily process that took me a little over a month. sadly he contracted fin rot and i wasn't able to nurse him back to health. he lasted about 8 months or so eating frozen and he was very fat and active

Picture of The New Scape: Toadstools Moved To The Far Left Back After Being Fragged.

DSCN1525.jpg

New Blue Hornets:

DSCN1516.jpg

New Acro:

DSCN1515.jpg

New Milli:

DSCN1514.jpg

Last Pictures before Being Fragged:

DSCN1502.jpg

DSCN1505.jpg

After Being Fragged: In The Left Back

DSCN1511.jpg

Toadstool Frags:

DSCN1518.jpg

some new pics with my new nikon d3100, any one know how to get good macro shots with out a macro lense they are too expensive for me?

th_DSC_0050.jpgth_DSC_0043.jpgth_DSC_0037.jpgth_DSC_0030.jpgth_DSC_0028.jpgth_DSC_0025.jpgth_DSC_0019.jpgth_DSC_0017.jpg

• 1 month later...
some new pics with my new nikon d3100, any one know how to get good macro shots with out a macro lense they are too expensive for me?

th_DSC_0050.jpgth_DSC_0043.jpgth_DSC_0037.jpgth_DSC_0030.jpgth_DSC_0028.jpgth_DSC_0025.jpgth_DSC_0019.jpgth_DSC_0017.jpg

Very nice BC, I'll be following this one.

I'm thinking about trying out one of these for macros, for the price its worth a try.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived