SaltCritters.com

Rolys 29G Led BioCube *Updated 12/8/11*

roly01

**Got To The Last Post I Made On The Updated Date For Full Update WIth New Pics**
Updated 12/08/11
Updated With New Pics

Updated 10/5/11
Updated With Pics Some New Pics

Updated 9/27/11
Updated With Pics Of New Rock Scape, New Milli, New Acro, New Zoas, And Also Fragged Both My Toadstools

Updated 9/22/11
Updated With Pics of New Cherry Moon Blasto, and Superman Monti.

Updated 9/18/11
Updated With New McCosker\'s Flasher Wrasse, Hammer Coral, and New Pics

Updated 9/6/11
Update With Pics , New Video Of Tank, And Video Of Clown Fish Hosting My Leather. Also Got A New Yellow Watchman Goby.

The tank has grown allot over the last 3 months since my last post and everything seems to be doing great and growing rapidly. Also returned the ora mandarin back to the pet store because after a month of trying to get him to eat, he would reject everything from frozen brine/mysis, to pellets, and even live brine after they assure me he was trained to eat things other then pods. so i traded him in and brought home a yellow watchman goby.

Updated 6/6/11
Updated With Pics Of New ORA Mandarin Dragonet

Updated 6/6/11
Purchased Some New Fruitloops Zoas

Updated 5/30/11
Updated With MP10 ES, NEW CORALS AND NEW VIDEOS!!

Updated 5/3/11
Updated With DIY Back Chamber Fuge Basket With Chaeto

Update 4/25/11
Updated with NanoTuners 5.6 Led Mod, Intank MediaBasket, and New Corals *New Video!!*

Update 3/27/11
Update with pictures of Chiller install.

Update 3/17/11
Hey guys i haven\'t updated my thread in a while so here are some new pics including pics of my diy led mod, ATO And Skimmer.

Hello everyone just wanted to post some pictures and info on my tank so i can see what people think and maybe some recommendations. To start off this tank is a transfer i did from a 12 gal nano that is had started in May 2010. I transferred everything including some live sand, all the live rock, water and inhabitants and also added some more cured live rock and live sand. the transfer went great and didnt get any spikes and everything adjusted fast and looked happy and healthy. the tank has been running now since August 2010, and since the transfer and everything has been doing better then ever. I also recently did an LED retro with the nanotuner 5.6 led kit and it makes the tank look beautiful..

• Tank Equipment:
  • Biocube 29
  • Biocube Stand
  • Biocube Hood with NanoTuners 5.6 Led Retro*
  • Aquatic Life Mini 115 Skimmer
  • ATO
  • Vortech MP10 ES
  • Lockline wtih Hydor Rotating Deflector
  • Maxijet 1200
  • Current 1/15 Hp Chiller
  • Intank MediaBasket

• Livestock:
  • False Perc Pair
  • Purple Fire fish
  • Green Watchman Goby
  • McCosker\'s Flasher Wrasse
  • Cleaner Shrimp

• Corals:
  • Pink Birdsnest
  • Cherry Moon Blasto
  • Superman Monti
  • 3 Head Neon Green Hammer
  • 3 Green/Orange Ricordias
  • 3 Blue Ricordias
  • 1 Orange/Pureple Ricordia
  • Open Brain Coral
  • Armor Of God Zoa
  • Fruitloops Zoas
  • Orange Zoas
  • Eagle Eye Zoas
  • Radio Active Dragon Eye Zoas
  • Pink Zoas
  • Red People Eater Zoas
  • Red/Green Acan
  • 22 Head Trumpet Candy Cane
  • Green Tip Toadstool
  • Normal Toadstool
  • Green Star polyp Forest
  • Colt Coral
  • Spaghetti Leather
  • Pulsating Xenia

• Cleanup Crew:
  • 15 blue leg hermits
  • 4 Misc Hermits
  • 6 Turbo Snails
  • 8 Astraea Snails
  • 5 Nassarius Snails
  • 3 Misc Tiny Snails

DSCN1521.jpg
th_IMG_1183.jpg[th_IMG_1162.jpgth_IMG_1190.jpgth_IMG_1200.jpgth_IMG_1196.jpgth_DSCN1502.jpgth_DSCN1505.jpgth_DSC_0017.jpgth_DSCN1498.jpgth_IMG_1271.jpgth_IMG_1188.jpgth_IMG_1197.jpgth_DSCN1413.jpgth_DSCN1466.jpgth_DSCN1459.jpgth_IMG_1269.jpgth_DSCN1440.jpgth_DSCN1409.jpgth_DSCN1411.jpgth_DSCN1405.jpgth_DSCN1402.jpgth_DSCN1403.jpgth_DSCN1416.jpgth_SAM_2473.jpgth_SAM_2472.jpgth_DSC_0025.jpgth_SAM_2464.jpg

Videos:
9/6/11
th_IMG_1307.jpg

Clown Fish Pair Hosting Toad Stool Leather
th_IMG_1333.jpg

5/30/11
th_IMG_1131.jpg
5/3/11
th_IMG_1039.jpg
4/5/11
th_IMG_0933.jpg

Led Build:
th_IMG_1076.jpg

DIY ATO:
th_IMG_0942.jpgth_IMG_0944.jpg

Current 1/15hp Chiller:
th_IMG_0992.jpg

Aquatic Life 115 Protein Skimmer:
th_IMG_0943.jpg

Back Chamber DIY Fuge:
th_IMG_1091.jpgth_IMG_1094.jpg

There not to hard, ive had one before in a previous tank and it did very good just gotta keep on top of your water parameters and make sure you have sufficient light. now if i can only get my clowns to host in it!!

nice tank! your rics looks awesome, did they double by themselves?

also, did you put any optics on your LEDs? your lighting is amazing, running pots to dim I assum, what %?

man you GOTTA post a pic of your LED mod :D

nice tank! i really like your GSP.
looks good! the anemone may get to large tho. do you hace starfish to feed the harlequin shrimp?

nice tank! your rics looks awesome, did they double by themselves?

also, did you put any optics on your LEDs? your lighting is amazing, running pots to dim I assum, what %?

man you GOTTA post a pic of your LED mod biggrin.gif

thanks guys, and yea hopefully she will split as she has already grown allot since i bought it, and the harlequin is actually doing his thing on a star rite now.

and rudy yea the ricordias actually doubled i got them with two heads and now theres 4 and a new one sprouting lower on the rock. and i will post some pics of the led as soon as i get a chance in the picture i only had 9 leds on and the 36w actinic on im still acclimating everything to the lights so i havent turned on the second driver which runs the 9 other leds..(now im regretting not buying dimable drivers)

• 6 months later...
Updated With New Pics

Looks great! I saw you also have the maxijet1200, can I ask how you installed it? I ordered it from inTank and haven't installed it yet, because I am not sure how people are doing it with the difference in tubing size. Thanks! BTW...I tried to trade the angel in, but it actually got velvet or ich, as well as the clowns. I now have some clowns and chromis in a QT waiting for my tank to be rid of ich/velvet. I haven't been back to see if it survived, but it wasn't looking so good. All in a matter of 24 hours.

i installed the maxijet by squeezing the stock biocubue tubing over the maxijet outlet and put a tie wrap over it and that was it.

Looks nice! How big was the pbta when you got it?

It was about 3' in. Maybe a little bigger but it grew to about 5'in. And split so I kept the smaller Half and gave away the other because it was gonna be to much of a problem to have both in the tank because they started moving around allot after the split.

• 4 weeks later...

Thaks! Does anyone know of any good but inexpensive cameras? For now I've been using my iPhone 4s camera and its not to bad but it's not picking up the true colors of the tank and the digital camera I have is actually worse.

New update with fuge mod and new zoas.

New Zoa Frag, Anyone know What type of zoas these are??

IMG_1082.jpg

And My DIY Fuge Set Up.

IMG_1096.jpg

IMG_1094.jpg

IMG_1091.jpg

looking very nice. why do you have a need for the chiller? I thought led's were very cool compared to other lights. is that the tunze skimmer? i have a cpr and i'm thinking about switching. how well does it skim. do you have to adjust alot? any problems with micro bubbles?

• 2 weeks later...
nice tank cant wait to watch it grow in. what u feed n how often?

thanks and i feed lots of stuff like enriched brine , mysis shrimp, roggers reef food, pellets, and flakes and usually mix it up when i feed every other day.

looking very nice. why do you have a need for the chiller? I thought led's were very cool compared to other lights. is that the tunze skimmer? i have a cpr and i'm thinking about switching. how well does it skim. do you have to adjust alot? any problems with micro bubbles?

i have the chiller because i live in miami and when i go out to work i turn off my ac to conserve electricity but it make the temp in my house raise to 78-80F so my tank would swing from 78 at night to 83-84F during the day so with the chiller it is at constant 78-79F. and no thats the aquatic sea life skimmer it works great for the price and i dont get any micro bubbles.

*Updated With New Pics And Videos*

Archived